Need help for Kentucky catfish - Any good areas on kentucky lake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by DELLIS, Mar 18, 2006.

1. DELLIS

DELLIS New Member

State:
    OHIO
    can anybody tell me a good catfishing resort tour or any good areas on kentuck lake

2. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i not familiar with kentucky lake but i do know that just about any river in kentucky seems to be full of cats.

3. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Weve been to Irvin Cobb resort on Blood River a couple times. Nice quiet spot that has trailors, boat ramp, some bait, and slips for those staying at the Resort, I cant remember if they had a restaurant or not. No camping that I remember. There are nice spots and resorts all over the lake, and the fishing can be unbelieveable.

4. ajackson45

ajackson45 New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I can't really help you out on good catfishing spots, i've asked the same question myself, but i do know of a good area. The KY dam area is a really good place if you are looking for easy access to water and if by chance you bring your family along. There are many resorts and marina's and also numerous places to camp that are on the lake. The LBL and KY DAM area are really nice, from my experience.

5. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  6. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Dan I just moved from clarksville tnn.I could recomend going there if its not too far.You can launch in the cumberland at clarksville and go up steam or down stream.The grainerys are a good place.But along the clifts down stream are also a good location.Wish I could go with you. I'll probably will be going in April...........hope you get the bigun

7. 1fishhead

1fishhead New Member

State:
    ky
    sorry , im from ky but just fish the rivers .....