Need help finding with right bobber and weight ratio for my bait. best bobber ??

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Montgomery, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Montgomery

Montgomery New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i have been trying to use big lake bobbers . there is a state park that used to be a pay lake. so i know they put flatts in there. and been trying to catch them using big blue gills under a bobber. problem is i feel i cant seem to get the right combination together. how much weight does it take to hold a blue gill down where i want him. and not swim to the top . every time i cast my bait tangles me up . i use those bobber straws and everything . and my bobber goes all over the lake. which is good i think . but i also want it to stay with in 10 feet of where i put it . i was looking at some styrophome wild cat bobbers in a catalog. catfish connection i think . well there the only ones i seen a max weight rateing .now when they do give that . is that including your bait . like bait and weight , 2 oz. or not . will 2 once weights hold any of my bait fish down . even bullhead or small channels. i'm talking aquarium size channels or bull heads . 6 inches or 10 inches. main bait though is blue gills and chreek chubs and suckers. but would like to try bull heads under a float. ok so once i do figure out my appropriat weight sizes . then i need to find the best bobber for my needs. i always tangle. i dont want my bobber weighted down so much it sinks to far . and i need it to be glow stick easy you know . i want to fish pay lake style . just not in them. i also want to fish for channel more under a float more. i really enjoy seeing it go under. but i need help putting it all together . can any one help ??? sorry so long

2. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Hello, well one of the B.O.C. sponsor's Gene Chambers He makes those KatBobbers

Here is the link
    http://www.wildwolfproducts.com/index.html

Some of them can hold up to the weight of the bait fish 4"-10" Plus up to
    7-9 oz Weight I think.

As well he also sells the glow sticks and the bobbers have a whole just right for the glow sticks

Give them a try you Should love em Also there should be some threads on the main B.O.C. Page about fish people have caught on them I just started using them But will post as soon as the fish feel like biting for me.

Hope this helps

Try this link as well

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288

3. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    not only does gene make a quality cat bobber but his service after the sale is the best i have found.i placed an order thursday and i just got it to day.thats a 5 day turnaround every where else i have ordered stuff from 5 days is about the time it takes for them to say they got my money and then its 10 to 20 days till i receive the order.you cant do bussiness with a better person.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Try a 1 oz float and 1 oz weight.