Need help finding a part.......

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by KAW RIVER KILLER, Jul 14, 2009.

1. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I have a Zebco Rhino RBCXL baitcaster. I was cleaning the darn thing and my crazy cat jumped up on the table and flung parts all over the place:angry::eek:oooh:! I found everything except one of the two small compression springs that make the spool lock engage and unengage. I have been to the Zebco website and it says that they do not carry replacement parts. I have been to Bass Pro, Cabela's and every other tackle shop in town. I've been to Ace Hardware, Home Depot and Lowe's. It's either the wrong size or wrong tension. Any idea's?

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Yeah, shoot that cat. Naw, can't do that, so you may want to see if someone has a magnet you can borrow. If it is inside the house, you have a fairly confined area to work with... no one has a magnet, I think Home Depot sells a cheap one for about ten bucks... how much does the reel cost?

3. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    maybe someone has parts or a reel on ebay? just a thought, i found some parts on ebay that i couldnt find anywhere ....new old stock or even used

4. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I got it reel cheap, I think it was $35 or $40 and I love the thing. I have exhausted ALL resources in trying to find the lost spring. I think that cat found it and ran off with it, she likes small sparkly things. I was thinking of replacing both springs with ones of the same size but slightly higher tension that I have found, just don't know if it will mess anything up.

5. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    Type (zebcoreelparts) in you search window.

purefishing.com

southwesternreelrepair.com

Hope they still work.

6. Cuda

Cuda Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Mike
    Ace hardware has small springs that will work to fix it. You just have to look at them and you will find the right ones.

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Get a magnet to find the part. I keep a magnet on my reel cleaning bench because I drop parts all the time. The only problem is I can't find a magnet for plastic.:confused2:

8. KAW RIVER KILLER

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    I already checked, didn't have one the right size.

9. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Find one that's the right diameter and about the right tension and then either stretch it out or cut it shorter.

10. dex

dex New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Try this place fishingreelrepair.com all one word.