Need help find parts

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by TUBBYBLUEFISH, Sep 26, 2008.

1. TUBBYBLUEFISH

TUBBYBLUEFISH New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have a 1960 10 HP Johnson outboard motor that I'm having trouble find parts for. It is a model #QD21 the motor runs but do to age the throttle handle has corroded and broke apart. I'm unable to find this part please help. :sad2:

2. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    If you are unable to find anyplace online that specializes in parts for old omc's like that, you may need to go to an omc dealer and he should be able to check a nationwide dealer database that a lot of dealers participate in where they list all the old stuff they have in their inventory. By no means is this a guarantee, but it's a shot. The downside is that if you can find it, there is a chance it could be a little pricey.

They would only need to go to those measures if the part is listed as NLA ( no longer available). I'm betting that it will be listed that way, but I've been wrong before.:wink:

3. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Try vintageoutboards.com or outboardexchange.com. They may have what you are looking for. If not, try emailing them and they may be able to find it. It makes things go alot easier if you are able to provide them with your serial number.

Welcome to the BOC!!:0a25:

4. TUBBYBLUEFISH

TUBBYBLUEFISH New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the help.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    If it's not a 115 hp mercury than i can't help you. Sorry!

6. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Keep an eye on Ebay, they always have old engines fairly cheap for parts.

7. cod26

cod26 New Member

State:
    Alabama