NEED HELP BAD!!!

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by BigCATDADDY01, Jul 26, 2009.

1. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I fish the Ohio river near rocky point and Troy area. I went out on biga's boat with him last year for just a short period of time and he showed me a little about drift fishin. Well he made it look alot easier than it really is I think. Ive got a buddy that says he can catch more and bigger fish by anchoring off and fishin I think hes crazy. Well anyways what are some of the BOC's best driftin secrets that will help me learn drift fishin my buddy thinks the BOC is stupid:angry::angry::angry::angry:. But I can say I take up for the BOC every time, this awesome place taught me about everything I know about catfishin, and Id love to Ram about a 60 lb. blue cat down his wind pipe and tell him the BOC helped me catch that amazing fish. Please Help me?:confused2:

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    if you can find some fairly shallow and slow moving current to drift (bottom bounce) until you get the feel of it you will have a much easier time. as you get the hang of it you can start fishing deeper and swifter current with alot less trouble.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wonder what it is about the BOC he thinks is stupid? Can't be the info one can get. Can't be the people... I've fished with engineers, lawyers, college professors, Biologists, business owners, guys who have sponsers, guys who write fishing articles, all of 'em BOC members.... I don't get how he thinks the BOC is stupid. Ask him to post some of his pictures... sounds like he just has a case of the lil weenie syndrome to me, or maybe he's jealous of some of the members? who knows.

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well i met a BOC member that didnt like the site and said that paul just started it to make money---i told him so what it's still a great site. some people you just cant please.

5. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well I've talked to Paul and I know He's a to-the-core cat fisherman. But who cares anyway? I hope he makes himself filthy rich, he deserve it... Wish it was my Idea instead of his... lol. yep, sounds like we're dealing with some jealous people here....

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  6. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    If a man can come home and make a ton of money than that's the very way of life he went to Iraq 2-3-4 times to protect. The only part I feel bad about is he may have to give 60% of it to the gov. so some one here illegally can have the same benefits he fought for and earned.:angry:
    Sorry just needed to vent

7. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Either or on the comments but good luck on catching that monster blue!

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i would never knock the BOC i think its a great place to be when not on the water and so what if Paul is making money you gotta make livin some way . and there is always someone to answer a ? if one is asked this place is great in my bookand alot of great people here also

9. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i wish i could help you with the drifting but its not my thing. cant wait to hear the story about the windpipe jamming though. lol

10. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Back to the topic, drift fishing.
    I always note the wind direction, and current, figuring out where the drift is going to take me and how fast. Ideal drift speed seems to me to be around .5 mph, over 1 mph seems to be a waste of time for me. I'll make a slow run through an area and note fish and the depths they are holding at on my sonar. Then I run up, or across river and set my lines to the average depth the fish are holding at and drift through the area, make several drifts in the area, changing starting points and angle of attack through the drift area trying to cover as much of the area as possible. Vary the depths of your rods a little to increase your coverage through the water column. Sometimes when needed I'll even drop my trolling motor in and use it to control my drift speed and direction. A drift bucket or sock is nice to have aboard as well. I hope this helps you out.
    All of this I learned from my BOC brothers. I never drifted untill I met them and they taught me how. Now when applicable, it's my favorite method. Big thanks to Deerhunter01, Biga, and Billcatfish. Now whats stupid about learning new tactics and increasing your odds on boating more fish?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  11. BigCATDADDY01

BigCATDADDY01 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Man you hit the nail right on the head he has serious little weenie syndrome hes a good friend of mine and he dont think the people or info is stupid hes just an old dog that wont learn new tricks.

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm stubborn with my ways too. Thats natural. I've done it my way for two decades before BOC. Those "old dogs" are valuable to the BOC and me.
    Listen to his hard learned ways and encourage him to check-out the BOC... bet he'll change his mind if he does.... he'll find there are thousands of people that have figured out all the same things he has and then some.

13. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: every old dog needs to learn new tricks been fishing for all my life and still leaning new tricks you never know to much bout fishing :confused2::confused2::confused2:

14. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    adam you are welcome to come down and fish with me any time and i will show you anything i can ... same for any boc member... i think we can put you on some fish just let me know when you want to go... the weekdays are best for me :wink:

15. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    :0a27:

16. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I am not sure how great of an income this site would be , but I am greatful to Paul for starting it up . Being disabled I am not able to go fishing as much as I would like , so coming here to read the posts and learn a ton of stuff about catfishing is a great thing to me . It costs money to run this site as well as all the other stuff Paul does for it . I could only hope he is making enough to make it all worth it . I also feel that if he couldnt make a nickle with the site it would still be here just as great as it is now . If someone thinks that there is nothing to learn by reading the stuff on the B.O.C. then they are a fool . There are alot of members here and we cant all be full of it can we ?

To the question of drift fishing I have never done it and wouldnt know any thing to tell another about it . From the little bit I have read on it I believe it works and produces fish . Someone will be along and give you great information on how to do it .

17. skippi2use

skippi2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    There are people who are awsome anchor fisherman, and are very good at it. I am not, I would rather jump in the water than drop my anchor in.LOL I dont drift, what I do I can not tell you what it is. I guess it is trolling, drifting something cant explain it wouldnt even try the only thing you can do is see. I have been catching fish and good fish all the way up to 2.5 miles an hour. I cover a ton of water. By the way most everything that I learnd early on about catin came from walleye fisherman striper fisherman and bass fisherman. They are some of the best cat men around, ticks them off but they catch a ton. Generally not big because of the size of bait!!!!! Guys think that it doesnt work, no way it can work, some even after seeing it work then they still wont do it themselves. Most have Jumped right on it and trying it out. Basically what I do is 25 different things every day until I find what they want. The one ingridient I almost always leave out is the anchor and shouldnt. JUST DONT LIKE TO, not good at it.