Need help at Mark Twain Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by FLOAT TRIP WILLIE, May 17, 2007.

1. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    ok guy june 2 im going to mt for the first need to know where the hot spots are, and how do i get there?

2. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Boat or bank? Right now, with high waters and water flowing, North, Middle, and South forks are probably the best bets. These arms have good mud flats and plenty of wood cover. Flats, with and w/o brush depending on what you're targeting, are probably what you should target.

3. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    im taking my boat, and shooting for blues and flats.

4. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/news/story?page=oimsfishing/index

Choose Mark Twain from the link above to see a good map. Its a fishing hotspots map and one of the few that are free online. I use it all the time to become familiar with the bottom layout of the lake in areas I'm not familiar with. You can see the flats pretty well and have a good idea of several to try before you even hit the water. MTL has plenty of mud points that come out and are quite shallow, making them good areas but also boat hazards. Many of these are close to bluff drops, giving the cats good access from deep water. I'd look for the shad on the surface and try to catch some, and then use them in the vicinity for bait.

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Remember that the 107 bridge over MTL is closed (or at least it was last time I went up. Therefor in order to get to the North side of the lake you need to take Hwy 19 all the way up to 36/24 (Hannibal) and cut across from there.

6. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    The 107 bridge is open now.:big_smile:

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Wooohooo! Thanks for the scoop. It is about time!

8. STICKBENDER

STICKBENDER New Member

State:
    Missouri
    oponed bridge around May 1

Stickbender

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    thanks 4 the info guys