Need help asap!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by upncomincatfishking, Dec 4, 2006.

1. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    ok brothers i need your help. my problem is when i'm at the lake and even if there is a lil wind it blows my bobber all over the water.I've tried more weight all i could til the bobber was almost all the way under water. tried dropin it down deeper and still nothin. but i see guys fishin and theyre bobbers never move all night.SO if anybody can give me some pointers it would be really appreciated.

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Quit using a bobber! lol
    Seriously, if it is to windy try using a heavy sinker and suspend your bait off the bottom using a small bobber on your leader. Or just bottom fish. Fishing is supposed to be relaxing. I wouldn't fight the wind.

3. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    right fishin deadline would solve the problem. but myself i don't like to fish deadline. i always have a deadline in but i'd rather fish wit a bobber, 90% of the fish i've caught been on top. but i use a drop rig on bottom pole with a 6oz triangle weight on 30lb test and i have my weight dropped bout 2 1/2ft below my swivel and then i have my hook on a 3ft leader.so i'm bout 5-6ft of the bottom.Should i drop it down more or what?Would it be better if i used a carolina rig wit a small bobber on the leader.has anyone ever used a bobber without a bobber stop and let it sit on the bottom.

4. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Carolina rig either way - let a small foam cigar bobber slide all the way to live bait and the bait will be working up and down against the bobber floatation; or peg the bobber to the leader with a toothpick or rubber band up a ways to give the bait some freedom to move without being able to go right to the bottom. Both have given good results. You can size the bobber to raise the bait to a level off bottom by feeling the tight line hit bottom, the pay out the legth of line you wan to elevate the bait. The bobber doesn't seem to bother the big cats.

Dennis

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I use a three way rig with bass sinkers, sometimes I use a slip bobber rig.

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I will use the slip bobber with no stop when I am casting a good distance for shellcracker. back to catfishing though. the carolina rig with/without a bobber on the leader is a very reliable way to fish. You might consider checking out some kat bobbers.
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=288

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I have an idea that will work for you. I use something similar to it for river fishing to suspend live baits in a set area, but I made my own bobbers to use, but the princible is the same. Tie on your hook,then a leader 12 to 15 inches, then a swivel. On your main line thread a large sinker 3 to 5 oz (depending on live or cut bait). Then thread on a large in line bobber or large clip on. You can add a bead between the bobber and swivel but I don't think you'll need to. Tie the main line to the swivel. When you cast this out the sinker will hit bottom and the rest of the rig will float up to the top if you give it some slack. If using live bait it can swim in a circle but cant leave the area where the sinker is. So it'll work with the wind also. Its pretty slick, try it. Remember: Hook,Leader,Swivel,Bead,Bobber,Sinker in that order. Sinker closest to the rod tip. I know it sounds wierd but tie one on and give it a shot.