Need help: 1982 Chrysler outboard

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by fuelstaind, Apr 20, 2006.

1. fuelstaind

fuelstaind New Member

I just bought a boat, my first. It's a 1982 Glastron. It has a 1982 Chrysler 75 HP outboard (Model 758H1C, Serial #1477). The motor runs, but the lower unit was missing. I managed to get a hold of the repair shop that still had the lower unit from when the last owner was getting it fixed, but decided the cost was more than he wanted to pay, so he just left the parts. Now I have them and can fix my motor, 'IF' I can just get one part..... a 20" drive shaft that goes from the motor down to the lower unit. The last one snapped when a bearing got too hot from lack of oil and froze up. I have talked to some reapir shops, and if they can even get the shaft, it costs over $600. I know it's a long shot, but if anyone can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it. I just hope someone has an old motor that still has a good lower unit.

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    if you cant find the part get the broken one and take it to a machine shop. any good machinest will crank one out in about 3 hrs or less some may ride the clock on you a bit but it should still be less than $250.00

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Anything you find for that motor will be pricey. If you can even find it.

Try these guys here is the only place that I know might have it. Unless you get lucky and someone on here has one.

http://www.twincityoutboard.com/

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Another place you may be able to find it is on ebay too. Good luck.

5. barry

barry Member

State:
    WV.
  6. fuelstaind

fuelstaind New Member

Thank you Barry. I looked on that site and called them and they have what I need for a really reasonable price. I can't wait to get the parts and get my boat in the water. Thanks again.