need fly tying vise

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by cliff n york, Mar 3, 2008.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i want to tye some crappie jigs, but i dont know what kind of vise to buy. does anyone use a vise from cabelas are bass pro shop they would like recommend.

2. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    I bought a vise at horbor fright to snell som hooks you might check they are pretty cheap looks like they would be good for that.thanksSam Davis

3. psdisme

psdisme New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The Cabelas vice should be fine. I have one that I've used just as much as the more expensive that I have and it works great.

4. Urban Fly Fisher

Urban Fly Fisher New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Check out the Danica vise (Dan-vice). It's probably the best rotary vice you can buy for under 100 bucks.

5. crmule

crmule New Member

State:
    Orange City Florida
    Unless you are going to sit down and tie piles of little bitty flys get the least expenseve vice you can find. all it does is hold the hook .When and if you start tieing on #18 hooks then go out and spend more money.
    I have used the same vice for 42 years and it killed me to pay 13$ for it,but it still holds the hook
    Have fun
    CRMULE

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i agree 100% mine was about 20 bucks $100.00 for a vice no way you can tie just as good a fly on a 20 vice as a 100 vice thay all do the same thing holed a hook

7. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    As long as they hold.

8. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    You can't do any better than a Dan-Vise they are great.