Need fishin partner for Saturday April 28th 2007

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by loanwizard, Apr 27, 2007.

1. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I am planning to fish Salt fork or the river (High water) and Jack can't go.

Looking to leave about 3-4 pm. Must dress warmly.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i already have plans to go tom. night. i would have been interested. p.m me next time if you can a couple days ahead. i would be glad to meet up and see your new boat..rollo

3. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    So far I'm planning on hitting the Muskingum in Zanesville Saturday night. How are the water conditions?

4. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    It's up 3-4 feet. You taking your boat, or shore fishing?

5. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I'm taking my boat. Going to go to Riverside, get there around 1 a.m. or so. I kept changing my mind on going or not because of the recent cold front. With the weather forcast next week should be great, temps close to 80.

6. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Just out of curiosiy, why do you start so late? I'm usually putting the boat away by that time. I'am getting old I guess. Although tonight I may stay the duration, depending on the bite, the temp, and the wetness.

7. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    phil, just got out of bed and it looks like we got a decent amount of rain last night again down here. i dunno what river conditions are, but you might check before tonight. i know the river was coming up yesterday. probably still be ok, but just thought i would let you know

8. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    I can only fish on the weekends because of work and I live an hour away from Riverside. When I started fishing there last summer I was getting there early, about two hours before dusk. I got sick of dealing with all the pleasure and drunk boaters, there's a bar on the river there. They were all getting off the river by 1 or 2 a.m. along with some of the fishermen so by 3 a.m., I'm the only one out there. I'll fish until dawn. In my opinion, the flatheads won't start moving until it quiets down on that stretch. So it does'nt do me any good to get there any earlier. This time of year the traffic is'nt a problem, I have gotten used to fishing at that time and it works for the family. I can take a nap before I leave the house, I'm fishing while the wife and kid are sleeping. And I'm not tired the next day for family stuff.

9. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Thank's Jason. I would hate to drive all that way just to have to turn around. I'll keep an eye on the gauge readings.

10. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

shawn ive been out couple times salt fork nothing no runs . water is up where you gonna be at if you go to salt fork. im gonna start fishing hard starting sunday the low temps gotta be in the 50s for me. ive got 25 bluegill in the tank right now.

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Shawn I was on the river tuesday night, the water was close to 61-62. But I think the rain was cool not warm so I don't know if that temp is still good. I didn't get any fish runs but I had 2 pickups from limbs floating by on the bottom lol. It did get my juices flowing for a real fish though.

12. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    I'm debating where to be. I like the original bay you showed us, I like the bay next to the marina where the creek comes in, and I like the bay next to the dam. You wanna hook up? I have a heater, and will bring about 5-6 rods... (of course I will only use the legal limit of 2 ;) I have about 5 gills, 2 channels, and a 14 inch drum. I plan to fish for gill and throw a little for shad too. Heck I may take the boat and set up my shelter on the island. I think I will probably be there instead of the river. I don't mind high water, but not alone.

13. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    Call me @ 740-502-1017