Need electric wheelchair HELP!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by peewee williams, Oct 6, 2005.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am looking into getting a electric wheelchair.Anyone out there that knows of anything helpful,I need it.I don,t know a thing about them.I weigh 330.Thanks,peewee-williams

2. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I have a Jazzy 1650, made by quantum. It is rated to 650 #. 2 motors, 2 batteries. high speed of 5+ miles per hour. very short turning radius. I requires a 3' wide opening, making it too wide for a lot of interior house doors.

It will roll thru grass and on gravel, so it is very useful to me.

Your larger medical supply stores will stock or can get them.
    So far I like mine.

3. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have lost weight but when my chair was made I was 350 so the chair was made very heavy. I live in the country so it also has a hill climbing gear, heavy duty motors and huge battires. It is the the most powerful chair I have ever seen. it will pull a car with no problem. It is a Everst Jenkins I don't know if you can still get them as most insurance companys don't want to pay for them, Big Bucks Tha VA had mine built and they will no longer pay for the price for them and I don't blame them. The VA told me they paid 12,000 for it. I am sure that is way over prised. My mom just got a hover round and it is great. they also have a heavy weight model.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks for the info.Any ideas welcome.I need to learn all that I can,as quick as I can.If I am able to get one,I will have to live with it.peewee-williams