Need creek fishing advice

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by Navy_Seal, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal New Member

State:
    Northeast oklahoma
    Ok so this is my first post. I love the site. ok i dont kno if anybody posted before but, recently i have came across a SWEET spot on the arkansas river, a buddy took me there and we hooked into some monsters but they broke off, i even tried to wrestle one but lost. any way my question is this is a creek, and its not extremely deep, i took a lil boat and i put pop bottle jugs with one hook and i catch the crap out of the channels, i jug all the way to the mouth, but WHY am i not catching any flattys, i need advice if you can help please do, im long over due for a nice flatty thanks

2. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

3. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal New Member

State:
    Northeast oklahoma
  4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome to the b.o.c. man! try to concentrate more towards the mouth of the creek. they will generally only go up into a creek rite after a good rain then retreat back to the main river. set some limb lines or trot lines around the mouth of the creek and see what you get. use bigger baits to keep the channels off your lines too.

5. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing New Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
    Welcome to the BOC David. When the water comes up they will come till then I agree go to the mouth of the river.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    could be the bait your using,what are you using for bait?

7. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal New Member

State:
    Northeast oklahoma
    ive been using chicken livers and live crawdads

8. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Go with perch, bullheads or some kind of live bait. Thats what id try. What part of Oklahoma ya from? A few of us in Southern Ks fish the Arkansas and one guy is a limb liner. Good luck.

9. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal New Member

State:
    Northeast oklahoma
    im from around the muskogee area, i fish all waters a can around here, thanks for the info, someone told me that flathead would prefer live bait over cut bait ill have to try it

10. Navy_Seal

Navy_Seal New Member

State:
    Northeast oklahoma
    on down the creek by the mouth there is the remains of the old railroad bridge, the main supports are still there that ran threw there around the early 1900's, would this be a good place to set some lines or would it just be a waste of time, thanks pat for the info

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  11. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
  12. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Welcome to the b.o.c. As others stated try fishing the mouth .

13. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Use live bream too..

14. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I made a post on bridge supports once. Alot of people said they were good spots. Especially on the down stream side. There should be a hole after the support from the current after flooding. Throw Your pole out there and see? Jus put a egg sinker on it and cast out and follow the bottom.

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Bridge piling and supports most likely have some kind of scour hole dugged up by heavy current during high rains and floods. These scour holes will most likely hold fish.