Need Catfishing Tips for NE panhandle

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by colesuncle, Oct 26, 2005.

1. colesuncle

colesuncle New Member

State:
    nebraska
    i need tips on catfishing in the panhandle oe NE

2. colesuncle

colesuncle New Member

State:
    nebraska
    please help me :cursing: :D

3. whisker

whisker New Member

State:
    N.E. Nebrasky
    Now that the weather has turned colder, I still fish but with good and bad days. The cats should still be in a feeding pattern to beef up for winter. I'm clear across the state from ya' in n.e. Nebrasky but I've found that when the water temp. starts dropping a bunch (and even thru the ice), the cats will still be feeding, they just don't move around hunting for food as aggressively as they do in warmer months. I've drilled plenty of holes thru the ice searching for wintering spots in the lakes around here. This summer I paid more attention to my depthfinder and to shelves and benches that drop off into deeper water. I think in the earlier cold months they will still come up into the shallows to feed early morning and evening. I give up night fishing after the water temp. gets below 60. I like using BIG hunks of heavily salted turkey livers, and I add a bottle of anise extract for each 2 lbs. of liver. The more smell you can get in the water when it's cold, the better!

Good Fishing... :)