Need bulb for camcorder

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by dinkbuster1, Mar 22, 2006.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have a 2002 model sony handycammodel #ccd-trv43 NTSC that i need a light bulb for. apparently these things are obsolete and i cant find a bulb ANYWHERE. i even tried to find a camcorder for parts on e-bay with no success. called all the area repair/parts shops (within 50 mile radius) to no avail as well. only place that i did find one was through sony for....get this, $120! this is for a bulb no larger than a penny! was hoping someone on here might have a junk sony camcoder lying around or might be able to find a used bulb in their area. thanks for any help.

2. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey dink, try going to your local Radio Shack and see if they have it or they may be able to order you one a lot cheaper. Before I would pay 120 bucks for a bulb in a four year old cam, I would throw it away and get a new one, deffinetly not another Sony if they think that bulb is worth that much.

3. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yea,Radio Shack might have something that will interchange with the bulb you have.
    If not spend the $120 to buy a good wheatlight,you can wear it while filming and then go coon hunting later:D

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    thanks guys, but someone on another forum directed me to a place. i just found one for $16! i looked everywhere online back in december and no one had any. guess they were outa stock or something. appreciate your help!

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Glad you found one Dink, I was just looking at a catalogue here at the shack and was going to tell you where you may be able to find one. Next time anybody needs a special bulb go to, www.bulbdirect.com, they have almost any bulb you can dream of.