Need Bowhunting Tips

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by colesuncle, Oct 26, 2005.

1. colesuncle

colesuncle New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I need tips on bowhunting equipment and bowhunting tips :cursing:

2. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Brother its kinda hard to give you any tips when we don't know where you are from. Go under user CP in the left hand corner and fill out your information. This will help knowing where you are from and after you do that then give us some more info. on what kind of hunting you will be doing...ie tree stand. climber, blind, what is your experience level. The more info you provide about yourself the easier it will be to help answerer your questions. Be more specific as well there are allot of good bows out there but you have to find the one thats right for you. By the way welcome to the BOC. There is a ton of great hunters bow, crossbow, rifle and shotgun asked any question you would like and it will be answered.

3. colesuncle

colesuncle New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I am from the nebraska panhandle. Me and my father will be stalking. We hunt mule and whitetail deer. We are beginners looking to score some deer. I have a compound dad has recurve. Recurve needs string. Thanks for the help ;)

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    What kind of broadheads are you shooting. What kind of arrows are you shooting. Are you shooting fingers or using a release. Are you using a peep sight or instintive shooting.

I dont know a whole lot about stalking deer. What I do know is this if you think you are moving slow enough move slower cause your not.... LOL.
    There is a guy on Here who go's by the name of CENTER12 look around for him or shoot him a PM if you have a question about bow hunting that is who I would asked. He will probley find this thead but I would shoot him a PM. Great Guy that Center12 has forgotten more about Bow Hunting than I know. Good luck with the stalking. What Kind of Bow are you shooting.

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You might try to look for a string at cabelas, there main store at sidney, neb. should be close to you out there. What I know of western neb. is theres not a lot of cover such as trees. If you plan on stalking to hunt them your best bet may be to use a spotting scope and binoculars to locate them from ridges or long distances and try to stalk up on them as they bed down, or cut them off. Keep the wind in your face. Read up on hunting as much as possible and keep at it.
    Best of luck!

6. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    what kind of recurve will your father be using? if it is an older recurve make sure he does not order a fast flight string since most older ecurves cannot handle them.you can go to 3rivers.com or kustomking.com and they can help you out with the rite string for that bow. and also any other equipment he may need.

7. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Read, read ,read, there are lots of bowhunting magizines in publication so get a subscription to a few and read!

Practice, practice, practice, if you can't hit what your shooting at (or wound) then you need to stay at the bale. Along with good shooting comes good ethics.........know your limits and respect the animal your are hunting by making the best shot possible!!

Get out in the fields and woods, learn your quarry and it's world. Time spent in the feild can't overstated, it's really your class room.