Need Boat Motor Tuneup

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by Louisiana Redneck, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good morning guys,

I'm from Baton Rouge and am looking for a shop to have my 50 Hp Johnson boat motor tuned up. The place I once used moved to Bass Pro in Denham Springs.
    I went in to Bass Pro and asked about bringing in my boat for a tune up and they told me it would be about 3 months before taking in any new business.
    I am looking for somewhere else in the Baton Rouge area to take my boat in for a tune up and idle adjustment. Do you have any suggestions. Who do you use in this area. Any help would be appreciated.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Why not do it yourself? All a tuneup on a motor usually consist of is changing/gaping the spark plugs, checking the carb. linkage to make sure its set right, and possibly changing the water pump housing and impeller. You buy a manual for that particular motor and your very first tuneup pays for the manual and a chunk of change saved also. You'll need more than pliers, but a small set of wrenches don't cost much either. You may feel you are mechanically challenged, but believe me, if you try to do it and botch the job up, a mechanic is gonna charge you the same price to fix the problem as he would have initially. TO me, its a matter of putting or keeping $150.00 to $200.00 into my own pocket. LOL

3. mullyden

mullyden Member

State:
    Baton Rouge , L
  4. Louisiana Redneck

Louisiana Redneck New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the help. I'll give him a call.