Need bait...

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by MississippiMan, Aug 18, 2009.

1. MississippiMan

MississippiMan New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We need bait for the Gateway Tournament!!! We will be traveling on Aug.25 and prefishing on 26,27, and the 28th. We will come down Hwy. 61 and hook up with Hwy. 55 south to Crystal City. If anybody has bait or can tell us where to find it, we would be most apprecitive. We are staying at the Comfort Inn in Festus, under Bill Brosnahan. Also, are there any maps for that area of the Mississippi? Thanking You in advance!!!

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the Brotherhood of Catfishermen Bro. Their will be some other nice fellow Iowa members aboard to swing over to your thread and help you out. Enjoy the site & say thanks to Paul for this great helpful/sociable site. He is Catfish_Commando.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jerry.

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Jerry. Around here we get our bait from the river. I dont know just where to send you down there but most folks are more than willing to share that info. Bait has been unpredictable all year but persistence usually pays off.

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Jerry, you have my phone number. Call me when you guys get in town, and I'll tell you where we have been catching it. Were going to have to net our bait as well. If you dont have a net, you'll most certainly want to pick up at least a 4 footer before coming down. The 7 foot nets work best for around here, especially when your trying to catch the asian carp HINT HINT HINT :cool2:

6. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Nanner you really use a net to catch Asian carp? Up here one pass through any slack water or slough at idle speed and you'll have all you could use in a month flopping in the bottom of the boat.......:crazy::big_smile:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yes Mark, that is true here also. That is unless you are wanting bait. Then they just jump around and never land in the boat.:sad2:

8. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Murphy's law, it'll get you every time.....:smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Murphy was an optimist!
    He had no idea just how bad things really were.:wink: