Need alittle advice about my trolling motor

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by ooonnnery, Feb 15, 2006.

1. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    I have a Minn Kota Endura 40, it is a transom mount . I want to install on the bow of the boat, however, the handle is the wrong position. ( meaning the motor and prop are turned oposite and I need them facing the same direction. ). I see that there is one bolt that goes through the shaft to connect the head to the saft, Is it possible to turn the head 180 degrees and rebolt to make it work as I am wanting? Will appreciate any info from fellow BOC members. Bob

2. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Ooonnnery, I have heard mention on here that you could turn the head just as you said. I think that my father has his tiller steer trolling motor fixed that way. Vern

3. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    ooonnnery, I did it a few years ago to a min kota 40lb. thrust motor. It is a lil tuff to get the wires out of the way so ya can put the screw back in.
    Seems like I had the use a wire coat hanger to push the wires from covering the screw hole. Just work it slow cause the wires will have to twist around and may bind a bit.

4. stickthrower

stickthrower New Member

State:
    Possum Kingdom Lk, TX

I've done it several times. One idea to get the wires to the side is use a philips screwdriver that is about the same diameter as the bolt. Then just gently work it through the wires and out the other side. Then push-pull it a few times and then stick the bolt though. Works every time.:)

And it's a whole lot cheaper than buying a bow mount!

Frank

5. Chanellocked

Chanellocked New Member

State:
    Lake St. Louis, MO
    Like they said above, I've done myself, after rotating the motor 180degrees, use a small phillips screwdriver to nudge the wires out of the way before inserting the bolt:thumbsup:

6. ooonnnery

ooonnnery New Member

State:
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    I have done what was suggested by you all, it worked just fine. I thank you for taking time to help me with this question.
    Bob

7. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Bob, that's what the BOC is all about. Brother helping Brother. Learning from each other only makes us better fishermen. I'm sure a time will come around when ya can give back to another member.