Need advice

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by fishman247, May 28, 2007.

1. fishman247

fishman247 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i have a 1986 black max 150hp merc that wasn't "peeing" good.....cahnged the impeller only to find that the one in it looked like new..put the water "ears" on it and started it up and started pulling hoses to check for water flow....unhopoked line coming from foot,good flow....line coming out of head, good flow.....replaced all of them but it still has a weak stream(or no stream at idle) rev it up a bit and it pees a lil but not much.......i dont wanna burn up my motor,and this has me concerned......water does comeout the hub and exaust ok.......do the water ears put enough water to the motor to make it pee good enough?

thanks in advance
    Josh

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    At times, the muffs placed on the motor are not enough.

Blow some air back into the engine from the water discharge hole., There may still be a minor blockage there.

3. BigB

BigB New Member

State:
    Van Buren, Arkansas
    i have a friend with a 2004 25 hp merc that does same thing we changed impeller, blew out with air didn't help i've told him to take it to the shop but he's too cheap.....he says it doesn't feel to hot after running it so it must be alright...i'll be watching this post

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    The smaller 25's usually don't pump well on a hose do to a thermostat and operating temp.

Usually the larger engines do have a by pass to let you know that it's pumping.