Need advice on where to go this weekend..on Truman or at tailrace?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishmerle, May 1, 2008.

1. catfishmerle

catfishmerle New Member

State:
    Liberty, MO
    Is anyone doing any good on the Truman side with the water slowly dropping? I read the report about the monster caught below the dam. How's the water and are there quantities of fish being caught below the dam right now?

Another question... if I was shallow water fishing with the lake 12 ft high, would I fish my old spots which would now be 14ft deep or fish the newly flooded shallows?

Any crappie reports?

2. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    I went below the dam last night. Caught 8 all was in the 3-5 pound range but I did have a 27 pounder as a kicker. My dad had on break his line. It just took off towards the dam and he couldnt turn him. Water temp was 56-58. Fish caught in 25 ft and less. Hope this helps

3. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Shallow isn't shallow unless it's shallow... I've been catching fish in less than 10 ft of water for the last few weeks on Truman, even when it was 20 ft high.

With the water warming up, fishing downstream of the dam will continue to improve. But with the cold front pushing through on Friday night, Saturday might be a bit challenging no matter where you go.

4. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    Anyone going below the dam this weekend?