Need advice on this Red River fishing spot

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by Drawout, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Found a spot on the red river to fish and i was wanting to know maybe where you guys would recomend and if i may have found a good spot. Heres a fewe pics a few more coming.

Attached Files:

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Here are some more pics.

Attached Files:

3. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Well, if you don't try I will for you! Heh. Looks like a good spot, especially if its deep.

4. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I think that one place right before the current is deep cause it iis wide and looks like it may be a hole.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Looks like a good spot. If I was fishing it I would try the line right at slack and running water and just past the "rapids" close to slack water. How's the new pup doing?

6. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Benji he is good except for the fact that he is hard to find when he hides lol,thx for asking and that is exactly what i was thinking as far as the fishing goes.

7. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Good luck with the new hole and I am glad to hear the pup is doing good. With him being black I bet he is easy to over look under the bed are couch.

8. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    Loooks like a great spot, if it was me i would try just downstream of the "rapids". Prime night time spot.

9. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Any more advice , all help is good help.:big_smile:

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Just bring this back up to the top, ill be going their in a half hour.:cool2:

11. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I think I'd wade, carefully, to near the end of that ledge rock and fish in the current shute or at the edge of the current.

12. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    thx but ill leave the wadin to the smaller guys

13. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    that spot looks excellent. im not from anywhere near there but if i saw a spot like that id fish it.

14. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Well guys my miracle spot didnt produce lol we fished 3 hours and got one drum and one bass, we had live perch live shad and froze shad and earthworms, i think the water is only about 5 feet in this area but im sure it will produce if given the chance. :sad2:

15. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Well we went back for three more hours and caught one sturgun and one sand bass, still no cats were gonna give it one more shot tommorow and hopefully we get one cat .

16. CrawDaddy

CrawDaddy New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry to hear about the no cats Draw. It really gets frustrating when you find a spot that looks so promising and get nothing from it.
    I know when I was in BR, we'd try all these promising spots, drop-offs, etc and get nothing. Then we'd just anchor in the wide open river and tear em up! I stoped thinking so much after that!

17. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    Try runnin a line there and see if anything produces at night, if u r set on fishin it with rod and reel then release the fish off the line.