Need Advice on Danny Kings

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Apr 19, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :confuse: WENT FISHING TODAY,BUT COULDN'T CATCH ANY KITTYS. EVERY EVERYTIME I'D GET A BITE THEY WOULD CLEAN OFF THE HOOK. BEEN USEING THE TYPE OF HOOKS THAT IT CALLS FOR SO WHAT SEEMS TO BE MY PROBLEM.I'VE BEEN USEING DANNY KINGS PUNCH BAIT REG. THAT IS ALL I COULD FIND AROUD HERE. ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS OR IS IT JUST ME. THEY WEREN'T EVEN BITING HARD ENOUGH TO TRY AND SET THE HOOK. HELP!!!

2. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Nathan King is a member and the nephew of Danny King. Give him a PM and see if he can help ya. Myself, I go a size or two up from the #4 the tub says use. It seems they bite it better and the larger hook is eazier to remove.
    Ya may have been getting carp or blue gill bites and not catfish bites. Yesterday at a pond I droped a chunk of DK (no hook) into the water under the peir and ya should of seen all the blue gill attack this stuff. I loaded the hook up and droped it back down there and I was gettin hits like crazy (but I knew it was the gills doin' it). I also know that carp can suck the bait right off a hook and not get hooked.

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a31: THANKS: I JUST SENT THEM AN E-MAIL. WE'LL SEE WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.

4. FAT_CAT

FAT_CAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I know what you mean about the "pecks" at the bait. This happened to me tonight, but my patience was running thin so I would set the hook on the nibbles and catch channels over 9 lbs. Turns out they were swimming towards me after they picked it up. Had the first one I hooked nibble and 10 seconds later I set the hook and the sucker jumped clear out of the water about 20 feet in from where I threw my bait. I've only had channels run with my dip bait once or twice, but that might just be me. Those trebles seem to really get into their mouths even if they didn't "take" the bait.