Need Advice on a Metal Detector

Discussion in 'Metal Detecting' started by rosscatman, May 27, 2007.

1. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Brothers I was wanting some advice on metal detectors.I know hardly anything about them but i was thinking about getting one for my wife.My wife loves the outdoors but justs doesnt care for fishing too much.I bank fish probably 70 percent of the time and when my wife comes along when me and my sons fish shes said several times she wishes she had a metal detector.Im thinking of getting her one.I was looking for any suggestions on a reasonabled priced one but dependable that a woman could use.Thanks

2. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    Get her a ACE 250, it will be perfect for her. Its made by Garret. I got my wife and my 7 year old son a pair and they have no problems using them.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anothe good investiment would be a Whites Spectrum XLT. More expensive but does a lot of extras.:lol::big_smile:

4. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Well, it's for a woman and a beginner, so that puts whites out of the picture. The weight of those things after a few passes is enough to ruin a beginner.

The Ace 250 is an ideal and affordable machine. Easy to use, she'll love it.

5. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    ihave a ace 250 it is a sweet working machine thanks. sam

6. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Take care of two things at once. Wait for a birthday or anniversary. :big_smile:

7. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I'm wanting to get a gold ONLY detector, might be going into some mines in the future and need to check the walls of mines and also dredge tailing piles, gold only I had a do all and it drove me nuts any advice?