Need advice for trip to Lake Tillery - Any Navigation Hazards?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shimano, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    How is the river section at Tillery as far as navigation hazards? Is the river deep there? Also is it tough to get bait on Tillery? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    As for Tillery: The only problems for navigation is when you get way up river past the Uharriewa River. From the river up to the dam can be real hazardous. If you have a small boat you can get up. As for bait this year has been real tough. Years past it was pretty easy. the fish have been really scattered out this year.

3. Shimano

Shimano New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the advice Tomahawk.

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Up river beond Uwharrie River is questionable. There are some huge unmarked rocks that will rock your world. Don't ask me how I know. Bait has been a pain this year, but if I were going I wouldn't count out the areas down the lake. I think the fish have ben scattered this year due to the lack of current to hold them in the up river sections of the lake. There have been nice fish caught up there this year, but the numbers are way down. I would start around the 24/27 brigde and go from there. There's always a few big 'uns up river, but they can put the slip on you sometimes. see ya