Need advice about e-bay

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fat_fish55, Sep 22, 2006.

1. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    well almost 3 weeks ago now i bought and paid for some fishing line. he sent an e-mail saying he would ship by wed. (like 2 days after i bought) so about a week and a half later i e-mailed him and said i havnt recieved yet did you send? he e-mails me back saying he forgot about it but he would send the next day. well its been a week sense then and usualy thinks take like 3-4 days to ship.
    what should i do?

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry to hear about you ebay problems. Hope you do get it worked out.
    Next time go to your local tackle & bait shop or I guess Wal Mart. See it, pick it out, buy it, go fishing. Easy stuff without flat butting on PC trying to work out problems. LOL.
    Some real stores even offer on-line buying delivered to your door and sometimes on-line discounts.
    I'm curious as to how much a person saves buying line, hooks stuff like that from e-bay.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm sure someone will advise you how to handle it. maybe contact EBay.
    I never bought off ebay but have sold many things years ago when it wasn't as big as is today. I'm thinking bout selling a few things now but from looking over site etc. not many bids on a lot of stuff and some things are hard to find but when I do, seems to be a ton of it with little to no bids. Not sure I want to deal with problems more so cause of my slow connection makes it harder to deal with.. Still I been thinking bout trying. I dont like paying for adds and keeping up with it on PC and after hours of flat butt time, no sale or someone wants to grip. Seems everytime I go there, I get, I'll say sweaty. LMAO
    Faster connection would help a lot for me.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Send him one more email. this one should say: I have waited patiently for this item. you have not delivered as promised. i paid for it in a timely fashion, and i expected it to be shipped the same way. since you haven't kept your word, if i do not recieve said item in one week i will turn this transaction over to ebay as a dishonest transaction. if you have already rectified the problem, please disregard this notice. thank you.

if you turn it over to ebay, he either has to make good pronto or he will be suspended. this method works. no seller wants to deal with ebay about a bad sell.

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I use ebay very frequently, and I agree with what Phil said, send him that.

5. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    then turn it over to ebay. They take fraud VERY seriously. If you paid by Paypal you may have some recourse there. Always remember, before you bid check the sellers or buyers feedback. If they have marked their feedback private do not consider a transaction. I learned the hard way. I've bought and sold on ebay and it's wise to remember, caveat emptor, or buyer beware.

6. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I had a lil problem with a seller here a cpl weeks ago. I had purchased it, didnt wait for the bidding to end. I waited over 16 days to get my item! I called twice and finally got ahold of them, though got no replies to my emails.

I left postive feedback yesterday, to just get it out of the way. But they hadnt left feedback for me and I purchased the bow on Aug 28. I emailed ebay asked how come a seller is able to wait to see if postive feedback would be left before they left feedback. I wasnt all that satisfied with the transaction, but feel as though Id be hurting my rep if I left neutral/negative feedback. I cant stand shady sellers, but thats what ya run into sometimes.

I wish ya luck with it, I like going on ebay have gotton some items that I really needed! The site is very usefull.

7. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    The advice that Phil gave you is spot on. After you send the email, you can initiate the ebay process by clicking on the "dispute console" located of the bottom left side of your "my ebay" page. Include in the dispute copies of all emails sent and the responses.

8. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    thats the wierd part this guy has over 5000 transactions with 100% positive feedback, almost unheard of on e-bay
    well the good news is he gave me a refund through paypal but still insists the item is sent
    i have a hunch that some sellers have a way of driving up thier feedback with other accounts and whatnot but am not sure and have no proof.
    he sells lots of fishing stuff so this must really be a huge mistake or other people would bring him down also.