need advice 4 knox lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by BIGcatjakeJR, Jun 11, 2008.

1. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    if anybody needs advice for knox i can help you:wink:

2. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Thanks, and I will take you up on that. I keep a camper at Kokosing Valley Camp Ground and was looking at knox for weekend flathead fishing. If you could give me the low down, and if you are in the area during the weekend we could hookup at knox and fish together.
    Is it better from a boat or shore.
    What type of baitfish do they bite better on.
    Right now I'm in the process of making a big live well to keep Shad or Stone head suckers alive.
    Also I live and fish on Buckey during the week and we can hit it also.

Thanks
    Catfish Huntr

3. BIGcatjakeJR

BIGcatjakeJR New Member

State:
    ohio
    from the boat if you have fishfinder.The best rig is a coralina rig with 2-5inch live bleugill.i had a hold of a really big one at the marina were they sell the boats if u remember old mansfield rd right about around that area but it got tangled in some brush and broke of that really sucked because i wanna catch a 20-30lb fish!!!good luck bro:cool2:

4. Catfish Huntr

Catfish Huntr New Member

State:
    Millersport, Ohio
    Sounds great! Thanks for the info and I will let you know how I do...

5. BigCatJakeSr

BigCatJakeSr New Member

State:
    Bellville, OH10
    If bank fishing try Knox Lake road near the tunnel. It is about two to three feet deep use cut shad (fresh) or the typ[ical small bluegill or chub. Never pulled a flathead from that area but really decent channel's. Jr caught a 8lb (he says 9) and a 6lb from there. Flatties I believe will be near the deeper part of the lakeand that will be near the damn. They placed two piers in that area. The one beside the boat ramp is better. I have seen that flatties caught in that area, but never I. I keep trying with all the right hardware and bait, but the ones that crappie fish seem to catch them. Generally that lake is probably one of the better lakes in the area for the channel cats and they like the skinny water near the old boat ramp (stumpfields) and the aformentioned Knox Lake Rd area.. We, Jr. and I may be down there Sunday night, but I am in the doghouse somewhat for going the other day for 14 hours. Good luck and good fishin.