Need a sidekick ASAP!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by mudfishmusic, Apr 17, 2009.

1. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It's way too pretty not to get on the water this afternoon but the wifey seems to have other things on her mind. :eek:oooh: Is anybody up for a trip to Santee or up the Congaree/Wateree? I'm leaving work in about 30minutes (1:30pm). It'll take me about an hour to get home. At that point I'll check this thread again and see if I've gotten any bites. I've got everything pretty much loaded up and ready to go at the house (Fort Motte).:wink:

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Hey Lawrence-how did you do?

3. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    on one of my little boats and the trailer for my big boat. I did drive down to Bates Bridge Landing but the river was high, rolling and muddy. I talked to a few guys that were taking out. They hadn't done any good so I decided to do a little rubber worm fishing in the pond instead. Ended up hitting the water about 6:30 and fishing for 2hrs. I think I ended up with 8 bass on ice. I'll clean'em tomorrow then turn them into Sunday dinner.

We've fished the river a few times but not much action yet. It's just been so high and muddy. We fished a few hours last weekend and had a few bites but apparantly I haven't gotten my swing right for this year cause I'm doing a terrible job keeping up my end of the bargain when it comes to putting the ole hook to 'em. :eek:oooh: It'll all come around soon enough and things should pick up. We need the rain so I'm not gonna complain but until we can pull about 7 days without a big rain event it's hard to really get much going in my favorite areas. It's not impossible, just hard.

We'll have to get together soon and give it a hard run.

4. Robbie Norton

Robbie Norton New Member

State:
    Florence S.C
    At lease you got some fish for sunday dinner:smile2: better than none:cool2:

5. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    and they were yum..yum..yummy... in my tum..tum..tummy!!!!:smile2: