Need a river report for this coming weekend!!

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by BKS72, May 10, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I'm taking off this Thursday and Friday, and going to IL on Saturday. The plan was to fish the big river Thurs. and Fri., but I'm wondering what the conditions are over St. Louis way.

MO should be back down about right by the weekend, so I'm debating heading over East, or just fishing here by home Thurs/Fri and driving to IL on Sat. AM.

So what do you locals say, what's the Miss looking like over East?

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If it was me i would just pack up and bring the boys an wife to the gathering. Somebody said there was a few fish below truman now.:wink:

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I would, but it's my grandpa's 90th birthday party that I have to be in IL for on Saturday. If it wasn't for that, I'd be at Truman in a hearbeat. I'm trying to mix family obligations and my fishing addiction:smile2: Maybe if I stay up this way we could catch the get-together on Friday and head for IL on Saturday. Hmmmmm, must think.....

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    In the past i've been guilty of Not putting family first, and that has Always proved to be a mistake. There will be more gatherings and fish, but gramps may not have but 15 or 20 years left that he can pull the anchor or crank a 50hp. by hand. Regardless of what ya decide, have fun and drive safe.

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Branden, we are getting pounded over here with rain again, so the rivers over this way aren't goin down for a while yet.. Hope that helps your decision making ..

6. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Just a few pictures from the Mel Price dam on Friday morning. The first one is where the ramp and parking lot should be.

Attached Files:

• 069.jpg
      069.jpg
      File size:
      14.3 KB
      Views:
    • 070.jpg
      070.jpg
      File size:
      19.7 KB
      Views:
  7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Erics Dad, the Missouri is predicted to crest on Wednesday evening at one and one half foot below flood stage at St. Charles. There is rain in the forecast for Tuesday night through Friday. Dont look good unless you like high water fishing.

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I cant give you a report on the Mississippi because it is already higher than forecast. And with more rain coming you know what will happen. Might be a good time to enjoy the company of a loved one.

9. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Thanks for the info, guys! I have a hard enough time catching fish in high water conditions (or any other conditions, lately:eek:oooh:) on my home turf that I don't think I'll use the gas and vacation time to try and figure out unfamilliar water in flood conditions:angry: Sounds like I'll go ahead and work Thursday.

Maybe I'll go down to the MO gathering on Friday and head to IL Sat. morning.

Dangit, I was really looking forward to some time off and fishing new water. :sad2:

10. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Branden, the Mississippi is already out of it's bank, pretty much all over. It's in the streets in STL. At the Columbia Bottoms ramp yesterday, the water was at the top of the ramp. Yesterday I fished the missouri and the wingdykes are all about 15-17 feet under water right now, some are about 9-10. With the water levels being this high and expected to rise more, the only ramp I know of that is usable is at the Alton Marina and/or Columbia Bottoms. :sad2:

Might as well stay there and fish, or just come to grandpa's birthday party.

11. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    Rat did you stick around to see all the fish at the weigh in big fish was 60 something with alot of 30 and a hand full of 40s i think, you would have to ask Justin regardless alot of nice fish were caught.

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Oh yeah! I helped carry that monster 60+ pounder to the scales! That was a really long fish! That fish has the potential to be a really true hog!! It was long and fairly skinny for a fish that big, i'd really like to see it when it fills out!!!!

Yeah there was some very nice fish weighed in yesterday that's for sure. Thanks to Justin for getting us the skunk-itis award!! :crazy::wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Nah, I did mangage to boat one drum yesterday! LOL!!! :cool2:

13. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Yeah I noticed it was a bit odiferous around Justin yesterday afternoon. I kind of kept my distance. Dont know where I placed but it was just a little above Justins total weight.

14. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Well I went out with the oldest boy and his wife yesterday after Crappie.. I got 1 ba$$ and 2 small Crappie.. They had to fish their way so that is all that went in the boat.. Now I remember why I don't cast jigs and lures all day..
    Randy.. they just wouldn't listen to the old man and try trolling.. I don't think I'll be Crappie fishing with them again any time soon.. We went up to Gillispie Lake, I haven't been there in 15 years.. I'm thinking about renting a boat and going to Washington County Lake next Saterday with the youngest boy.. 40 dollars for 6 hrs of fishing.. I gotta get me a boat, geeze

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I saw a boat like your old one for sale yesterday Harold. When I saw it, I thought about ya sitting out there on the river fishing, boy, I could never sell my boat unless I had another one or at least one on order. :roll_eyes:

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Yeah Bill, that was my thought at the time when I sold my boat.. I was thinking that I would have another one within a week or so.. Boy was I wrong.. When I finally get another one I can guarantee that they will probably bury me in it..

17. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I got to ride around in Steve Browns Pro Cat 240 this weekend! It was one SWEET RIDE! That 225 Suzuki is so quiet you can't even hear it running at idle and can barely hear it at 50mph. I was talking on my cellphone at 50+ setting behind the windshield in those ultra-comfy Captains chairs and could carry on a normal conversation. It handles rough water with ease and is just an awesome boat!!!!! No wonder Mrs SkipEye wants one so bad!:smile2:

18. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    So.....when will the SkipEye have one??

19. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    When the kids move out it is the first luxury item on my list!:smile2: