Need a river fishing buddy

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jbratton22, Sep 22, 2007.

1. jbratton22

jbratton22 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Just bought a new bass boat and have plenty of bass fishing firends to hit the lakes with, but for some reason no one is interested in the challenge or excitement of landing a big cat on the river. Fishing the river is new for me but and I am sure I have a lot to learn but I can't wait to get started. If anyone is interested in showing the ropes or just hangin out on the river let me know. (Don't worry I am not new to fishing just MO river fishing) I am in Gladstone and can put in either off Chouteau or Parkville.

Lot forward to meeting some new friends!

JB

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Welcome to BOC Jason. Someone should be along shortly from your area. Lots of good info and people here.

In the meantime you can learn a lot in the library and by browsing different threads.

3. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Welcome to the BOC Jason. You will like it here. I have the same dilemma. Pretty much all of my friends are into bass fishing. They say I'm crazy for even taking a boat out on the Mississippi.:roll_eyes: One thing is for sure though. They don't know what It's like to fight a big catfish. They only know what it's like to fight a little bass. I grew up bass fishing and still do occasionally, but once you get on the river and catch a good one, you will be hooked on this sport for sure!!:wink:

4. jbratton22

jbratton22 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yeah they tell me the same thing about boating on the river. A few weeks ago I took thge boat from Parkville to Columbia, right at 200 miles with no real problems. What a great trip! Camped out near Glasgow on a sandbar. Thinking about taking the boat from Columbia to STL next. We had to take an extra 21 gallons to make it to the fist gas stop. When we stopped in Glasgow we had to find a local to get a ride to gas station to fill up the tanks. Anyway I am sure I will be hooked after I land that first CAT!

Thanks

JB

5. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    As Darryl stated earlier, you can find any information you need right here on this site. A lot of friendly people are willing to help. I'm sure you will have no trouble finding someone to fish with. Heck I've been a member here since February, and pretty much all the people that I fish with now, and I fish alot, are from right here, on the BOC.:wink:

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC.

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member