need a review on Offshoreangler-ocean master 4000

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by catfish kenny, Dec 31, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Is anyone using this set up my nephew is looking at purchasing a combo and he likes what he see's but wants to spend his money wisely so if any of you are using this could ya post me something up here so I can pass it on ...We'd realy appreciate it!

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    That's Bass Pro, isn't it?

I'm sure there are exceptions, Kenny, but my experience with BP branded stuff has been lukewarm, at best...2nd tier quality, and first tier prices.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thats about what I was thinking but .. thought I'd see and this is the place(LOL)..I told him just order the 320gti penn combo :wink: I know he will get his money's worth fer that(LOL) Thanks!

4. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i have a 12' ocean master surf rod and I like it pretty alright....it can chunk a big bait pretty far........I don't know anything about those reels though

5. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    hey kenny, did the price on the gt series go up? I could of swore I got my 310 for $70 bucks just this last summer........I got the Basspro catalog today and it's in there for $99 now? is he bank fishin or boat fishin? a gt320 on an ocean master 12 footer would be a sweet bank fishin set-up...

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the rod is fine, the reel is not, it would be okay for short cast however,

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I bet they did honestly though I am not sure...I havnt bought a reel for a year or so and when I did it was at Cabellas.......my 330 was right at 100.00 if I rember correctly.....I bought it cause they didnt have a 20 in stock at the time...Have to go see:confused2: