Need a part for a Abu Garcia 7500c3 but not sure what it is called

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by kitsinni, Aug 5, 2009.

1. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a abu garcia 7500c3 I picked up that is having some issues. I think I figured out what the problem is. When you remove the reel assembly on the top of the part that you screw the actual reel on to there is a small C clip that clips on at the very top. This seems to stop your reel from pulling out. Someone apparently took this apart and removed that piece and never replaced it. What is that part called and where could I get one? Are these the same size on a 6500 and 7500? Thanks!

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

3. FATDAD

FATDAD New Member

State:
    Mount Sterling,
    if it is the c clip you need try lowes, i buy them for my 6500s there

4. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    If it's a regular c-clip you can probably find a replacement at the hardware store. If you have a reel repair shop close by you might can get one from there. May check the gunsmith as well, some guns use little c-clips.

You can get schematics from abu's website as well as mikesreelrepair.com. You should also be able to order the part from either as well once you get the part number from the schematic.

5. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yes that does it is part 8846 just the little C clip. If I go to a hardware store what do I ask for? If I just ask for a c clip will they know what I mean? Anyone know the size this would be? If it is a pain I will try to order one from a reel parts store.

6. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    Anybody working at the hardware store worth half their salary should know what a c-clip is, the exception being of course cashiers at the big stores. They should be somewhere around where the nuts and bolts are. Take the part that it goes on to the store and find the one that fits it.

7. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    Just take the reel part with you and size it up right in the store. If you are having difficulty, make one of the workers do it for ya. :)