Need a new place to fish.

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by Larry Beever, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I've been fishing Eagle Creek for the last two
    years and the catfishing there has really
    been rather crappy. I live pretty close to the
    resivoir so it's been convient to go there but
    after so long without much luck I've been feeling like a stick in the mud. I fish from the bank because I don't have a boat. Can any
    of you guys reccommend another place where you've had luck with cats? I hate to have to drive further away but now I'm determined to go where I have to to score. I don't fish White River because I like to catch cats that are safe to eat. And I don't want cats over 10#
    to eat because I'm already convenced that they
    are'nt tasty so CPR guys please help me to if
    you will. Thanks!

2. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Seeing that you said you don't wanna drive far, Geist Reservoir might be a bit of a haul for you. But, if it's eating sized cats that are safe to eat that your looking for...Geist is a good place to be. There's a park at the north end of the lake where I've caught quite a few eaters at. But other than that, I'm kinda clueless as to what's closer to you other than the river.

3. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Thanks Rick! You're usually right in there with
    good advice. I'm not sure where that park is but I'm sure I'll find it.

4. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    man eagle creek is a good channel lake i think. last time i was there me and my buddies boy. Where just reelin in the eatin size. Not to sure where to go .we fish the cove by the sail boat club. Plus we fish the creek that feeds it too. Never had much of a problem catching channel there about like giest but i think eagle creek is a nicer lake.

5. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hmmm! Well Ben, Have you been fishing at the
    public access site south of Rick's Cafe? If so
    I've recently thought about fishing there at night. We're you fishing there from shore or
    boat? I know that Eric Radez reccomends fishing between the boat docks and the shore
    by Rick's Cafe but they have signs there warning against it. So... I've been skiddish
    about doing that. I know that Eric would probably look down on me for doing that. But
    I'm just trying to be carefull what I do.

6. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The park at Geist is basically still on Fall Creek, but towards the far end of the park, the current slows and it widens to the north end of the lake. Good thing about it is, you don't have to put up with all the jet skiers and what not, they can't come up that far. I think it's off of Florida Street...but I'm not sure.

7. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You can always come down to Tennessee!! Lots of good cats around here. Cumberland river is only a few hours drive and you could stay downtown somewhere and walk to the river. Plenty of places to put boats in too.

8. bgmik1313

bgmik1313 New Member

State:
    indiana
    I recently fished the little cove north of Ricks Cafe and didnt catch anything. Caught more mosquito bites than fish. I had a better chance of catching west nile than fish.