Need a little help with Seneca Lake

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunburn, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    Now let me say right up front, I'M NOT ASKING ANYONE TO GIVE UP A HONEY HOLE! I'd never do that. What I need to ask is what GENERAL AREA of the lake can a guy catch some cats? I've tried the area near the two smaller islands at the upper end of the lake without much luck at all. I've gone under the Bridge and fished that big bay around the point from the Marina without much luck either. Growing a little weary of having this lake kick my pudgy behind black and blue every time I go. Again, not asking for anyone to give up spots. Just upper end of the lake near the dam? Lower end of the lake in the shallow mud flats? DYNAMITE or what? GRINNNN. Fishing from a boat, so we are mobile.Thanks for any tips you might offer.

2. cat56

cat56 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Try back in the boater's beach area.

3. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    I haven't found the Flatties there yet but I've caught some channels at the boaters beach area that is on the narrow side of the two ski Islands and also around the larger ski island on the side that faces the lower end of the lake (Mud Run side). about 15 to 20 yrds off shore from my boat.
    Another spot I tried and had luck with is . If your facing the Noble County Boat Club go to the left of the last set of docks and try that area of shore all the way to the road, Beware if you go under the bridge into the mud flats in the dark and use your flashlight well some A-- H____ hangs his drop lines from the bridge at night and will tear ya up if you dont see them while taking your boat thru. (Yep I cut them down and kept the hooks) Hope this helps you out.:big_smile:

4. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    Thank you gentlemen. Each and every little bit helps.

5. cat56

cat56 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Caught a 42 pound 48 inch flattie 7/25 in Seneca. Had some bruises on it from the spawn

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      18.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      17.2 KB
      Views:
  6. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    where abouts is senecal ake

7. cat56

cat56 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Seneca Lake is not far from Cambridge

8. Ben Noll

Ben Noll New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Give it a whack in what they call Cadilac Cove-Its good off the bank or with a boat.Not real deep and not really a flathead haven but you can knock hell of channel cats.Locals seem to prefer chicken livers.I'm a shad man myself.Hope this helps.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck to you Rich. Catch a big one.

10. bigcat54

bigcat54 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fished Seneca the same night. I caught a small one. Fished East Bay that night. Seneca hasnt been the same this year. Alot of fishless nights this year at the lake.

Congrats on a nice flathead!

Chad