Need a little help around Fort Worth!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by target33, Apr 8, 2008.

1. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hello fellow Boc members. I am in OK but have a good friend that lives in the Fort Worth area wanting to take his kids on their first fishing trip. He is not an avid fisherman and his kids have been begging for him to take them. I was hoping someone might know a good area around Fort Worth they can go and catch some fish. They do not have a boat and not looking for record fish hear. Just somewhere he can be a fishing hero to the kids for the day. Thanks, in advance for any ideas you might have.

2. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    It is a couple of hours drive from Ft. Worth, but the Texas freshwater fish hatchery in Athens is an excellent place to take kids. Large aquariums etc to see but they have large pond for kids to fish in. They supply poles and bait. Fun day for everyone.

3. target33

target33 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is a great idea. I don't know if he will want to drive that far. But he might! Thanks:roll_eyes:

4. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    I took my family last summer. The kids absolutely loved it. Definately worth the drive!!

5. trinityman

trinityman New Member

State:
    texas
    there is a place in grand prairie that is stocked 2 times a year with catfish for the kids and trout once a year...they have a catfish rodeo there its called mike lewis park on carrier parkway...its on the arlington grand prairie border...nice place to fish for the kids...all kinds of fish in there....i catch shad there and have seen crappie and bass pulled out of there also....good luck....

6. martomhan

martomhan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Benbrook Lake in S/West Ft Worth is a good place for kids. Can bank fish. Or, there is a barge you can fish inside or outside. :wink: