Need a friend who has some extra time

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I've been looking on Craiglist at buying a motor from a guy down in OK city. I was wondering if anyone on here lives very close to there and has some extra time to take this boat out for a test drive for me. It would save me a lot of pain if I could find a fellow BOC to help me out. I would hate to drive all that way and find out that one of the cylinder's had no compression or the boat won't go in to reverse or any number of other problems.....So that being said if anyone is willing to help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Send me a PM. And yes I'd be willing to throw out some cash for your gas and time.

2. foghorn

foghorn New Member

State:
    Wagoner Ok
    What size of motor you looking for i have a friend that has a older 40 evinrude with all controls and steering setup. Its not much closer than the city but would save you 100 miles one way trip . If i remember right he only wants $400 for it. Well i was trying to find a pic of one the same style on the bay but didnt see one. I think its one of the lark series. Dont quote me on that .

Foggy

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Thanks but I need something that is in the 100 to 150 hp range. So if you find one of them let me know. Income taxes are almost here so I'm getting ready to make a road trip