need a fishin buddy

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by salmonslayer, Jul 31, 2008.

1. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    i live in chico and new to this site who wants to do some real fishin :wink:

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Welcome to the BOC, James.
    I'm a little too far to the south of you to make a good fishing partner but I would love to read your fish reports from the rivers and lakes up your way.
    We get very few reports from that area and need the encouragement to make the trip up there.
    About as far north as I usually get is McClure when I fish with my sister and Bro in law that live in Ahwahnee (Oakhurst).

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Welcome to the BOC James:0a25: Is Chico Northern California?

Jaime

4. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Hey man Im from fresno but would be willing to make the trip every once and awhile to hit some kittens for sure!!! WELCOME IM NEW TOO!!!

5. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
  6. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    hey that sounds good where are you at and have you been catchin any size:big_smile:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Jordan, welcome to the BOC hey man I was just in your neck of the woods last week! I fished the Mendota Sleugh with Robb(Daystarchis):big_smile:

Jaime

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Oh awesome man I wanted to go hi that area but I never have I was hoping maybe daystarchis could help me out with some knowledge..Where are you from I always like new spots man!!

9. catfish slick

catfish slick New Member

State:
    California
    Scott, I must say, you have got to have one Great littlle wife, with you Fishing the last ten fridays in a row, and at $60 bucks a trip, my wife would have done poked holes in the bottom of my boat, put knots on my head and sent me Packing. I bet she is setting her self up for a good Christmas this year.

10. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I live in Los Angeles County, a city called South Gate.
    Hey Jordan, let me know if ya want to fish the Sleugh can make it the first part of next month. I like to camp out beign I am about 250 miles away.

Jaime

11. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I am 100% in whenever you want I have a real flexible schedule when it comes to weekends and stuff in advance Im 45min from there and would definently camp out for sure and fish!!! If there is anything down your way I have a 18' cobalt tri hull that i fish with in bigger areas never have fished the slough so I dont know if i can put in and it be worth it but im really would like to fish it up with you jaime!! Im new to fishing without my dad all the time so I havent hit many areas yet but im ready!

12. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Jordan. the closest place I have around me is the Ocean, we can fish for halibut in the bay. Another place we have is a place calld Irvine that is a nice size body of water their is camping allowed there. Then again there is also the great Colorado river I have never been there but always wanted to fish the Colorado River.
    SAs far the Sleugh, how about the fri 8/29? I can make it out early friday and stay the weekend. What do you think?

Jaime

13. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Sounds great jaime I have a 18 tri hull boat to fish in that could maybe get into some halibut you think? im planning on making a weekend on the colorado would definently like to have you in my boat if you want? But the weekend of 8/29 is perfect you can count me any others coming so far?

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Robb, said he can make it Friday. So far there is three of us. Hopefully we more members can make it. There is defenitaly safety in numbers. This place is something else lots of wildlife, coyotees, and also mountain lions!

Jaime

15. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    sounds like fun!

16. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Jaime, there are no mountain lions at Mendota.

17. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    i've herd that there's some big flaties in there and would love nothing better than to have my drag screaming with one on the end of my line :cool2:

18. plumbertom1

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Hate to disappoint you but, there are no flat heads in Mendota either.

19. salmonslayer

salmonslayer New Member

State:
    california
    WELL I TRIED ONE OF MY OLD SPOTS THIS LAST WEEKEND AND DIDNT EVEN GET A BITE SO I WONT BE GOIN THERE AGAIN SOON SO IF ANYONE IS GOIN TO SOME PLACE WHERE THERE MIGHT BE SOME I WOULD LOVE TO TAG ALONG AND SEE HOW ITS DONE:big_smile:

20. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    T'is true Tom.... heard it my self from the "Mendota Man".... he said that he saw a big en at Mendota.... out by the pipe, but on the other side... He told Sharlene and I about it when we camped on the Island.... or the other side, last September.... I thought that it might have been a big "bob cat", but he said it was a lion...

I dont believe it had anything to do with what we was drinking.

here is the "site" of the alleged sighting....LOL

Bayrunner Ray

Bayrunner Ray