Need a drop net

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by BassMassey, Jun 23, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    went fishing yesterday at the local spillway with fellow member germanmudfish. it was a nice night and the bite wasn't too bad either. We had a real nice run on a big bluegill but the fish ended up dropping the bait and never came back. We did end up hooking a 15# bluecat though just before we packed it up. The only problem is we couldn't get the fish up the rockwall. Since we didn't get a picture Ronnie said he would draw one up when he got home so we can post it in our report.....lmao...Anyways I need to find somewhere I can buy a drop net or some ideas on making one would be appreciated too. There's some big fish to be had in this spillway, but there's not much point to fish it without a way to put the fish on the bank. any help would be appreciated.......bassmassey

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    get a big class 1 lifejacket jump in an ride them bigguns out like tarsan:smile2::smile2:

3. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    :amazed:is that how them carolina boys do it? ............lmao

4. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    so no one has any ideas where i can find something like this? all i got so far is a smart remark from a fatman.....lmao. I guess i will have to break down and make one. I'm thinking either a big bike rim or maybe some pvc w/ elbow joints. I would really rather just buy one. help me out here........bassmassey

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Aaron, I saw a home made job during my travels this year and I thought it was just the thing. This guy made one from an old bass drum rim. He bought a replacement net for a large landing net and fitted it in between the two rims then tied thick rope in three evenly spaced places about three feet long and brought them together with a steel ring to which he attached his lowering rope. Looked good to me.:big_smile:

ps Tarzan didn't use a lifevest, just a knife in his teeth!

6. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    aaron give whistler a pm he knows 3what you want they use them at the steam plant good luck roundhill smart fatass:smile2::smile2:

7. setup1

setup1 New Member

State:
    Pa
    Cabela's sell them but they call them crab nets. We use them on the bridge at Safe Harbor Dam.

8. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Hey Arron, All we will need is some pvc, a replacement net, 50 feet of rope, hog rings, 2 snap links, #8 gauge black annealed wire, a coke can, a Q-tiip, some .44 mag ammo lmao........seriously I have some ideas i'll bounce off you later.

9. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Is this wall concrete? The slickest deal I ever saw was an "L" shaped arrangement that was hinged so it would fold flat...had little wheels at the junction of the two legs of the "L", a rope at the top, and wire mesh on the bottom. Sucker just rolled up and down the wall.