Need a catfish guide for the Mississippi and Missouri rivers

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cpalombo, May 19, 2006.

1. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Being new to catfishing, I am thinking of hiring a guide to show me the MO river and the Miss River systems. I am thinking a 6 hour day of catfishing to learn some spots, how to catch bait, and how to catch cat fish.

Does anyone have a recomendaiton and a phone number? Do you have any personal experience with the guide? That would be helpful to know, and how the day went.

You can PM me you want to tell me directly.

CP

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You dont need to hire a guide. There is plenty of fisherman on here that would love to show you a few things. Spend a couple of days reading the various threads on tackle, techniques, and locations, and put the word out that you are looking for a fishing partner. You will be inundated with replys. Besides, there isnt many guides in our area. You can fish with me sometime. I'll be glad to show you a few things. I've had some pretty good luck with the big fish. Read some post from Kutter, and Blue Bruiser, and TeamCatHazzard, Wolfman and others. They know the rivers as good as anyone and you can learn alot. I'll be fishing the river between Alton and St. Gen Missouri all summer. Drop me a line sometime and we can go out. Good Luck.

3. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Thanks bro, I appreciate that. I did have a reply that wanted to go out with me.

I will be asking questions.

CP

4. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Were going out about five . Putting in at columbia bottoms. on the mo side of chain of rocks bridge. you can go with us.

5. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Sorry, I didn't catch where you are at ?
    I know for fact, you are not far from any BOC good friend and you don't have to pay for the unlimited fun of everyone's enjoyment of catfishing. We love it so much, it's free. Just bring "t" paper, a sandwich, and a drink, and your good to go. OH, and of course fish stories, jokes and general fun are included. So don't wait! get your welcome to the greatest package of fishing on line and on the water now. OH ,I guess you just did.:embarassed:
    If you get near Farmington or St. gen. on the Mississippi. Let me know cause I got alot of fishing stories{tails}, Truths; well ,maybe mostly truths; OK, I can tell a good lie. Still a lot of the boy thinks I still want to have and share.
    WELCOME, to the best sight and friendship you'll ever know.

6. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Pat, I tried to call yesterday. The BOC system would not let me reply to you. I need more "points"??? Anyhow, thanks for the offer, but I need to plan out a day or two in advance. I have a newborn at home, so I dont want to spring a trip on mama.

I do want to go out this weekend. Anyone going out? Have have a boat, and we can stop to buy any special gear needed. Let me know at my PM - and we can give it a shot.

I live in O Fallon and want to fish the MO or MISS Rivers w/in a 45 min drive of home. Probably Sat or Sunday after 1:00ish to dark. That would be either river west of the city of St.L. Let me know by email if you are interested. If you IM me, I cant reply, so leave your email or #.

CP

7. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    My phone is busy a lot as I/m the computer a lot and I use the phone line. You don/t need any thing special to go with us. You don/t even need a pole, we got plenty. I will try to give you a couple days notice next time we go out.

8. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Pat,

I would love to get out some time with you. Do you use a boat, or shore fish???

I have a 14 foot Mirrocraft. It is packed with gear, so it can fish 2 guys OK, but is tight. I have a finder, GPS, trolling motor, and basic gear on it. At the moment, I can not fish at night, as I have to re-install my front nav lights. If you want to get out on my boat, call me and we can do that.

CP

9. TeamCatHazzard

TeamCatHazzard New Member

State:
    Illinois
    cpalombo, where are you from? Shoot you could head out with us sometime if I ever get off work to go home for a while. I fish Alton and south of it quite a ways pretty much exclusively and could show you quite a bit. Ill let ya know if Im in town anytime soon and maybe we can head out.

10. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Me and my sisters kid have been out on the miss and the mo for the last few nights and have got skunked except for aa couple of small ones. Hes got a real nice bass boat. i also fish the bank alot as i live about three miles from the miss and mo. when ever some one wants to go let me know. i can go almost anytime.

11. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    Pat,

I am planning on getting out 2 weekends from now. I want to try the Miss river up near the town of Louisiana. I plan on trying for some cats, and trying for some bass as well. I typically split the day going for whatever looks like it might be around. If you want to go with, PM me your phone number. I am guesssing I will go on Satureday at aroung 10:00am, and fish 8-10 hours.

CP