need a abu supplier for parts

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by ncfowler, Oct 29, 2008.

1. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    I'm looking for a supplier of abu parts, I have several and would like to get replacement parts like, the counter balance weights and bushing, and a source so i can get parts when they are need of repair, Also at one time saw a source for referb abus is any one have a link, thanks jeff

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I just ordered directly from Abu Garcia. Cheap and QUICK turnaround.

Abu Garcia
    Pure Fishing USA
    1900 18th Street
    Spirit Lake, IA 51360
    Tel: 1.800.228.4272
    Email: abugarcia@purefishing.com

Bill in SC

BTW: sent ya some reps for your choice in Abu Garcia

3. Ken D

Ken D New Member

State:
    B.C. (CAD)
    You folks may wish to see if PF still offers a price break after a 50.00 order. They used to offer (if memory serves) 20% after 50.00.

If I order from PF, it's 4-6 weeks before I get the parts. So:

I prefer to shop local if I can. Local to mean the shop downtown, or the warranty center for Abu in Abbotsford BC. (Mike's Reel)

If I want to spend an additional 50.00 in brokerage and freight, I can have the PF parts in 4 days.

4. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeff,
    Bill is rite the turnaround is within 7 days and they normally have every thing u need , as a reel dealer I normally get same day ship

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    The problem with ordering directly from the company is the shipping. I needed 2 fly weights (.89 each) and my bill was going to be 11.00 and change... I asked the lady to put it in an envelope and put a stamp on it, they didn't weigh anything...

GOOD LORD!!! I know the postal service is hurting, but give me a break...

Hit the local reel shops, they got that stuff and usually on hand without the arm and leg shipping

6. davidp

davidp New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cast Away Lakes is a good source for parts and they have the ceramic bearings too. Ship fast. Usually have parts in a few days. Shipping ain't too bad either.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I ordered a couple of small parts from Abu Garcia directly, from the link I provided. Total cost for parts + shipping was LESS than $5.
    Bill in SC

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    After re reading this I noticed your link was to a different place then I tried.

I tried to call the # from abugarcia.com!!!

I didn't even think of calling the factory outlet here in Iowa... :embarassed: