need a 12 foot rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, Jun 7, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    ill be fishing altone alot, there one problem, rods i cant spend over 50 dollers, i need a rod that will cast an 8 oz weght 50 yards thats got some bend for circal hooks, any recomended rods, around 50 dollers like i say, its got to wing 8 to ten 0z out there, its a pain, since blues dont come shallow

2. NJ CLAD

NJ CLAD New Member

State:
    Arizona

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    yeah start there or for 20 more dollars(i understand a budget) you can get an uglystik the model number is BWS11000120 its rated for up to 12oz even though i say 8 is the max. hope this helps you out the only other thing i can think of is set aside a couple of bucks here and there and then pull the trigger on something like an oceanmaster (120 retail) if you do that i can promise you 2 things first you won't be disappointed and it would be worth the wait.

4. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    cabelas also has the king cat series around 30 bucks I think.

5. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    king cat, yea i heard of them , i think i need one that wont snap into lol, i know the ugly wont thats what there made for but im debating hevy action or mediom heavy, only becouse of to things the heavy will give me better distance but the medim hevy will alow a better hookup

6. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Are you looking for a casting or spinning rod ? There are a bunch of 12' spinning rods under $50.00, but not any 12' casting rods that can handle 6oz and bait that I am aware of for under $50.00. If you are talking about fishing the Alton dam, you will do fine with 5 or 6oz sinkers.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    American spirt nite stik, 12 footer, I can cast 10-ounce easy with that.. rod cost around 40 bucks.

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    im liking my glowstick 10 footer it gets out there with an 8 oz i hate winging a ten, i might get another, or a tiger bigwater,12, i just need one rod,i know penn gto o wont cast 50 yards even with a twelf footer

9. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    daiwa makes a 12' beefstick that's cheap and it's fiberglass. The thing about long fiberglass rods is they are heavy. It isn't so noticable in a shorter rod. I have one, it's tough enough so far. I cut my handle down a bit, I think it was too long.

10. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You may want to look at the Meat Hunter rods. I have heard they are nice and the price is right, but shipping is a little high unless you live in Oklahoma.

11. Knot~Yet

Knot~Yet New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Penn2040GS check into it - best long rod i ever owned - i love mine

mounted a shimano calcutta 400s and there is no better

12. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC brother!:wink:

13. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    12" American Spirit Nite stick will cast a country mile with MH action.

14. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got a hevy actoin 8 nighstic hawk glow, it slings weght but my concern is its action is so heavy, i worry it wont load up right , ive heard heavy action dont work with circalhooks