nebraska weather at its FINEST...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    Summer weather met winter weather today in minden nebraska. in a matter of three hours ive seen severe weather from BOTH seasons.. it started out as rain.. no big deal.. freezing rain happens.. but then it started thundering and lighting outside... weird.. gets even better. within 5 minutes it started HAILING pea-sized hail... then it turned to rain again, then to snow, then back to rain and now its snowing again.. crazy weather tonight..

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We've had thunder and lightening for a few min. Now we have ice hanging off our garage and I just recieved a text message on my cell that my daughters will not be having school. Hiway Patrol says our roads are very hazardous,travel is not recommended. Come on Spring.:roll_eyes:

3. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Will, weve got just over an inch of "pellets" here. Im glad it wasnt freezing rain. Hopefully we can all get through this without incident!:crazy:

4. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    we been getting alot of ice down here in nebraska city... they let all of us go home at 730 tonight thinking the roads were going to be bad.... but it was almost 60 saturday and what about 15 on sunday.... gotta love nebraska weather:confused2:

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya i dont get it either.. we didnt get as much ice as they said but we got probably an eighth of an inch of ice and 2 or 3 of snow.. pry shoulda closed school but we got a 10 am start and then they are letting us at at 2, dont make much sense to me