Nebraska snake identification

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by suddawg, Jul 15, 2006.

1. suddawg

suddawg New Member

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    If I remember correctly it went something like this "BIG SNANKE!!! BIG SNAKE!!! BIG SNAKE SCARE SHANE AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Correct me if I am wrong pansy.

Aaron

TA2D

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yes, it went something like that. Mostly "HOLY $&!*, BIG SNAKE, BIG SNAKE, RUN!!!!!!!!" :big_smile:

I'm pretty sure it was a big bull snake. That site said the biggest found was 88 inches long. That's almost 7 1/2 Feet. Screw that

SudDawg

4. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Bull snakes rock!
    You only have 3 kinds of rattlesnakes there and 2 of them are pretty rare.
    We have them here in Kansas too but in all my years of snake hunting, I have only found 1 massasauga and 1 Priare... lots and lots of timbers and copperheads.

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yeah, I actually never seen any of the rattlesnakes in Nebraska. I know people that have seen some near Indian Cave State Park. I've seen many copperheads in Nebraska before, but never new they were copperheads. Only realized that after I saw them in Alabama and a buddy told me about them.

SudDawg

6. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Just leave them alone and they will leave you alone, unless it is a Habu Viper those are some mean SOBs, luckily they are only found in Japan.

Aaron

TA2D

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Oh yeah, the Copperheads never bothered me. They don't seem to be as aggressive as other snakes. But those Cottonmouths down in Alabama, those were the ones you had to look out for.

SudDawg

8. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I ran over a snake two days ago on accident cutting the grass with my push mower. Scared the heck out of me. It was only about 3 foot long and I couldn't tell you what it was looked like a rattlesnake without the rattles.

9. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Another one of my buddies had problems with Garter Snakes in their backyard. They ran them over constantly with their mowers. It was a bloody mess somedays.

SudDawg

10. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

not a garter snake it was a copperhead.[​IMG]
    the copperheads I am used to seeing are a lighter color but this is the snake.

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

12. ar_confederate

ar_confederate New Member

State:
    Minden, Lo
    Snakes? I hate snakes! I had an uncle tell me about a time that he was fishing in one of our bayous. A cottonmouth fell in boat from a tree and started towards him. He pulled out his snake gun and without thinking shot at the snake 3 or 4 times and missed each time. Unfortunately, he didn't miss the bottom of his boat. So here he is in a rapidly sinking boat with a mad cottonmouth coming at him. He was about 15 feet from shore. As he told the story, he ended up on shore, without the boat, without getting wet and without remembering exactly HOW he got to shore.

13. suddawg

suddawg New Member

And horror stories like that are what kept me from fishing on or near the banks of the Alabama River. Those cottonmouths would just be everywhere in the trees. :eek:oooh:

SudDawg