Nebraska River Gathering #2.

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by bownero, Jul 21, 2009.

Nebraska River Gathering part 2

1. The Missouri River (need location)

2. Little Blue River (need location)

3. Republican River (near Alma, Nebraska) or other?

4. Loup Power Canal (near Genoa and Monroe Nebraska)

5. Tri County Canal (near Cozad, Nebraska)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Here's some more ideas I could come up with on the Nebraska River Gathering. These places are hotspots for the possibilty of catching some awesome Catfish. Granted some of these places might be to far to drive to and the such. That's plainly understandable by myself!! Here's the places I have chosen and feel free to comment and give your opinions!!

As far as dates. I would like to shoot for late August of maybe the first or second week of September. This can be an awesome time on the river, because of the catfish gorging themselves, before the winter onset!!

Here it is!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    If your thinking on the Loup and Tri-County Canal defers the effect of being rivers, well inquire about it!! I know these places can rock on Cattin', regarless if they're canals!! Same difference in my book!!

Thanks!!
    please vote and comment away!!

Mark.

3. camochris2

camochris2 New Member

State:
    nebraska city nebraska
    mo river all the way and i think its rud to start over on all of this why not let the other be but what ever im about done with the nebraska people on this thing :angry:

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    No hard feelings this way. To each there own!! I'm just throwing more possibilities out and seeing the results!! Take it or leave it!! I'm hoping this can satisfy more of the members and they can have more options to choose from. Believe me, I can make it to the Mighty Mo, just as much as, anybody out there!:wink: Sounds like your stuck on your ways!! Feel free to PM me and state your feelings!! Me rude? ask my wife and boys!!:wink:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  5. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    its just too hard to please everyone...hell I would have put the loup canal as a choice if I think anyone would make it.....the canal is my prime spot...it's just easier to tell everyone where your gonna fish ahead of time and maybe someone will show up....hell satty met me out on the canal a while back, had a good ole time...and it's a easier if there is NO PRESSURE to be there...

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i dont really care where it happens.. id like to be there but idk if ill be able to make it depending on distance and time and my financial situation at that time. but if its gotta be on the Mighty MO.. lets make it a good place.. KC or Waverly MO. sounds good :wink::smile2:. well if we're gonna drive might as well make it a drive for everyone right? that way even the guys that wanna fish the MO gotta drive too LOL.

JK i know where everyones coming from, one guy wants everyone to fish around where hes used to so he feels more comfortable and such and theres nothing wrong with that. I myself get tired of fishin the same hole and welcome a dif place now and again.. but to be fair..nebraska members do have some what of a problem .. not all but alot... whineing, no call no shows, complaining, argueing...etc. Vic said in the very begining a poll wasnt the way to go others had a big problem with it.. and i can see why even when ya give a guy a choice you cant give enough or the right ones and when you add to it someone else is goin to have a problem with that.

so as far as a gathering here in Neb goes i really have no clue.. i tryed the NE gathering it was a flop... tho i did have fun with those who did show and stick around.. i even tried the hook up on here and pm and txt and talk on the phone to guys got confermation on when and where we were gonna fish even had a few of them no call no show not all but a few..

idk about the rest of you guys but i was brought up where a mans only as good as his word.. i stand behind mine its how i was brought up.. i understand things come up but whats up with these guys from NE???

7. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well, I can see this going both ways. I understand everybodys' opinions and the such. This can be a good thing or just another flop!! Definently looks like the majority of the Nebraska members aren't really into this gathering and that's fine by me. Does it really have to be this way? Are we scared of meeting each other face-to-face? What people we might think of each other? I could care less!! Myself, I would be overjoyed at the opportunity to communicate and fish with the members of the Nebraska BOC!! Hoping we can get along!! If you want me to close this poll, I definently will!!

If you want to call me and converse on this subject, then here's my phone number and I'm all ears!

Here it is!!

Phone: 402 463-9322 or 402 984-0317 :leave message

Thanks and maybe we can change some ways!! I'm open to all suggestions!!:wink:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  8. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I stuck with the blue and it's the farthest drive for me, next to the MO. And as I've stated before I can't walk in the MO so that's why I won't fish it. Bank fishing sucks butt, and since I'm stuck to it right now I'm going to vote for a place where I can get my feet wet.
    I'm not against the canal because I know that it produces good cats every year. I'm against the MO because the only real way to fish it is with a boat. And personally I haven't heard any offers from those that do have boats to buddy up with the other members. Which is fine because I don't like strangers in my boat either. And nobody is stranger than me.:smile2:
    Also I would say the location for the blue should be Beatrice because there are two camp grounds down there one of which is 200 foot from the river.
    And I would do the republican too. Any of the smaller rivers work for me because than all I need is my car and gear cheaper for me and I can make it work. As long as it's not anywhere close to my wedding. Because that would not make momma happy. I'd say either the first week in Sept or the last week. Pick a time and place away from those two weeks and I'm pretty sure (85%) that I can make it this time. Momma is tired of hearing about how I didn't make it to the last one. :big_smile:

9. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    hell I can't wait to meet ya face to face..it's not that...this is just a topic where EVERYONE WILL have a different view of it's not just yes or no....everybody just want to fish there own back yard ya know...I have met 2 members already this year(both at the canal) and plan on fishing with skawez this weekend at bluestem...and i don't think anyone is scared of anything but me getting all there flatheads out of their backyard fishing hole:smile2: Mark I got faith in ya! get this going and I WILL be there

just another idea lets make it a friendly tourney...more bragging rights will attract more ppl...just a thought

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  10. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    Well... I already voted earlier. Why can't a guy fish from the bank? I've got some real good spots @ neb city if a guy want to catch a bunch of flathead. I've lost some good fish at theese spots. How did a fella land a 47 pound flathead from the bank here he was just bank fishin with some worms. Chris and I have a friend that landed a blue what was it 60 pounds from the bank. I won a tournament because I fished a bank spot yeah I was in a boat but had I not stopped there I wouldn't had caught my 2 biggest channels ever and not come home with $300 if you guys have it on the river I'm sure me chris and a few others that have boats would let ya ride along. We had a minigathering saturday not realy but mo river man come down and we had a good time chasing each other even tho nothin was realy caught due to the weather. Have a good time

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Well so far the majority vote is leaning toward the Little Blue. That satisfies my too. I voted for the Loup Power Canal, because I thought it was more centrally located for most of the members to attend. Not sure if there's campground anywhere, but I do know it's one heck of a place to fish!! Hoping more members chime in and post some ideas. John!! I know you live way out west and I feel for ya bud. Knowing most of the members live in the Eastern part of the state, so we have to sastify them too!! Not everybody has a reliable HORSE and BUGGY to make it to the gathering!!:wink:

12. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=839 here it is.... lots of pople voted i might just vote again... must be florida or something... how do you mark the ballot??? also looks like some out of state people voted too keep them in mind also... i have meet alot of people on here jake, zach, i think mazda bob once, skawez and the last one bone cracker .. at one point in time we were all getting to gether on the river at least 2 times a week and reeling in some good fish.. just look at the river thread from 2006-2007.. it seemed like neb city was the mecca of nebraska catfishin' back in them days.. alot of fish between 30-60 pounds were caught.. i remember zach catching a big flathead and me and chris were nice enough to meet him at the dock to weigh it and i had a video of it... i think he caught his best flathead ever that same night of 50 some pounds... 2008 gave up chris's big fish 2007 there was one hualed in... i have lost some big ones just like chris's other half did last year and probably all the rest of us have in the past.... you guys forgot to put two rivers state park there are alot of big channels around there.... if anyone want to ever come down fishin' shoot me a pm or something i always have a seat for someone different to go out... if you want to catch a bunch of flathead or try to go after the big one that seems to always break the lines... big fish lil fish i don't care how big it is as long as i'm on the water and not at work... sometimes alot of little fish is always better than gettin skunked chasing a big one.... idk just ranting

13. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    ok JR i hear where your coming from and understand it.. dont get me wrong i enjoyed fishin with ya and i enjoyed fishin the mighty MO and ive fished it from Neb city with you and Iburg all the way down to Rulo with James.. and i have to say the farther south ya go the better the fishin is.. but i dont have the finances to make the trips up there like i did last year... not to mention i have found some lakes around here that are doin as well as the river sounds to be doin.

as for the out of staters go on the polls.. ill let you know what i learned from the last gathering.. just becuase they vote dont mean they will show up... and just because you show up dont mean your fishin where you want to fish. look at the lake gathering pole how many voted??? well ill tell ya what with as long as it took to finalize that gathering and with as much time and yes some of us put money into it.. 5 ppl were there another shoed up and went home sick and yet 2 more showed up and were gone before anything started!!

seriously all this bickering and this and that isnt worth the headache when it comes down to it... if we want to have a gathering just get a couple guys and say hey on this weekend we will be down at this place if ya might wanna come pm me and we can hook up.. youll get better results.. ok youll get less arguments but close to teh same amount of no show no calls.. idk why.

so... when i get back from Halsey NE ill do what i can to hook up with yall on the river and do some fishin k... aug 6-9th ill be fishin Calamus.. so if any one out that way wants to hook up while im up there PM me and ill give ya my #... This saturday night Frankie and I are gonna be fishin Bluestem.. if anyone wants to fish that with us PM me and ill get you my # and you can join us.

14. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    it's on like donky kong.....bluestem this saturday nite :roll_eyes: I'm looking forward to my first lake flathead...maybe some others will show up...or if anyone wants to ride along with me for the trip let me know...

skawez bluestem isn't a catch and release for flatheads is it????

SATURDAY NITE FISH BLUESTEM OR DIE

15. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    No its just a plain state regulations lake... but if ya get a Big'n CRP would be nice.. save some for tomorrow let another catch him too, keep the population goin strong with a nice fish ya know... besides ill lookin forward to you showin me how to catch them bad boys as is for me its hit and miss with alot of luck.. but i know thier in there ive seen them come out and go back in.

16. elfthatsgrumpy

elfthatsgrumpy New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Heck ya ill be there.

17. Huskercat

Huskercat New Member

State:
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Steve and Frank - I'm headin to Grand Island Fri. morning and will be back some time Sat. afternoon. If I get back at a decent time (and if Mandy will let me) :smile2: I'll meet you guys out at Bluestem. After last Sat. I'd like to fish some blood and chubs there again. But this time I'm gonna get that bait stealin SOB... I'll give ya a ring when I get back to town on Sat. Frank, you'll have a great time fishin with Steve. He's a great fishin buddy and a hell of a nice guy. We may not always catch em, but always have fun trying! If I don't make it, hope you guys hammer em!!!

18. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    Lookin forward to seeing you out there again Matt always enjoy fishin with ya.. as far as the bait stealer... i think maybe Rob (elfthatsgrumpy) is holding him.. caught it there tuesday night LOL.. nah it was on the other side the lake :smile2:. which by the way didnt pay off goin back to wedsday night.. oh well guess the fish are holding out for Frankies bait!!:big_smile:

but.. yea um sorry guys wrong thread we'll take this to the wanna go fishin thread:smile2:.. back to the river gathering talk :big_smile:

19. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks Steve! Allow me to update the poll. Appears that the leader of the Nebraska River Gathering is the Missouri River at the present time. It's still early on the poll, so anybody can chime in and vote. So have we set a date and time yet? Does everybody agree with the weekend of the 5-6 or 12-13 of September? Do we want another night fish or during the day!! Weather can change pretty dramatically this time of year, so I would like to opt for the day myself.

Let's see some more posts on this!!

Thanks.
    Mark.

by the way!! Frank and Steve, have a good one at Bluestem, hoping you guys nail them!! Good luck bros!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  20. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    the 5-6th of sept. works good for me so far.. then again just got an interview for monday in GI so have to see how that goes.