Nebraska Lead Pour a Success!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by bownero, Jan 23, 2010.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Today was the 1st Nebraska Lead Pour and it was a success!! A big thanks goes out to Frank (FMB) for being gracious enough to have it held in his garage. To say the least, we pumped out some fish weights!! It was my first time experiencing this and I learned alot from this guys. Know I want to crank out some weights myself, but I need a pouring pot. Have the lead. Went home today with a 10 yr supply of weights. LOL!! That's awesome! Thanks to all that showed up. Including Tony (CICNOLO), Jeff (Catmanjeff), Don (playin4funami), Frank (FMB) and myself, Mark (Bownero). I was overjoyed to be welcomed by the bunch and saying you guys are great!! You're welcome to fish with me any day!! Sharing laughs, fish stories and fishing info. That great stuff in my book!!

Hoping we can do this again in the near future and maybe get some more guys involved!! Come on!!

Thanks for the great time bros!!
    Will get the pics up soon!! New computer and still figuring it out!! Thanks.

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Since I still have a 5 gallon bucket nearly full of lead I will be pouring a bunch to give away. I made it to the Game a little late but UNO won and completed a sweep of northern michigan. Y'all need to come to the big O and watch a game sometime.

3. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Shoot if ya wanna barrow a mold just ask jeff...I have a bank that makes 2, 3, 4, 5 oz. and norolls from 1, 1 1/2, 2, 3, 4, 5, and soon to be 6, 8 ozers..and i plan on buying a split shot molds..lol

4. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    JD, Didnt make it?

5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    here's some pics guys!!

Attached Files:

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sounded like he was experiencing some car trouble!! Long travel award goes to Catmanjeff!! He braved the 2hr. drive from Omaha!! Darn fog was nasty this morning and made the commute an interesting one!!

7. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    Dang if i made it i would of got that award..I live the rivers width from omaha..I live about 300 yds fom the missouri river!!lol

8. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    no better way to spend a saturday...in my book...

you guys are great....long live the BOC......even if by trade-marketing laws we are not allowed to call it that anymore.....cough cough wink wink....

BOC 4 life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
  10. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    here's the rest of the pics!! Thanks!

Attached Files:

11. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    And you werent even wearing make-up

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    My apologies, because I was the camera man.LOL! Sorry I didn't post any of myself and Tony. Waited until the last minute to get the pics!! LOL!

13. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I was at the game.I was just out side Biking..Rode over the bridge and went to carter lake and bacl to the bridge and thenm rode to manawa and stopped to bass pro on the way home..it was a nice day so i had to use it and ironically when i got ome i poured sinkers..lol

14. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    Glad to see you did something better with your time than most people your age do .

15. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    LOL< The age just keeps going lower and lower!!!I love biking and fishing..all i do in the summer!!!I havent been able to do either this winter becasue all this damn snow and ice but noe it is getting bettter

16. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    after getting a few hours sleep,,,,,,, cough cough,,, I feel like a bit of a dork here. Yous guys kept saying it would be better to have an assembly line and I had the best set up to melt lead the fastest then we could have dumped it in your pot like you guys were doing. Well duh. I'm a little dense sorry about that guys. Next time I'll try to be less selfish.

17. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Ah heck Jeff!! No need to apologize here!! It was all fun and games for myself. I'm new to this lead pouring thing. I was very satisfied on how it all turn out. Had a great time. I'm just glad you made it safely to Frank's house and back home in one piece considering your lack of sleep and the foggy driving conditions in the morning!!

18. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    cool beans. I may go down to the shop and pour some more for a few hours until my tank is empty then I have to 1LB bottles I might use up. The weather is supposed to be in the 30s and I'll be running the exhaust fan which pulls in cold air from outside while it blows out so it'll be cool in the shop. I don't really want that much lead sitting around. My shop is in a building that used to be the carpenters union hall and my area used to be the welding shop so it has a fan which I use to blow out lacquer fumes when I finish.

19. Catfishboy1995

State:
    Council Bluffs
    What to you use to pour and melt in?

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Looks like ya all had a good time. Got any more pics any one? Gots to have pics!!