Nebraska goes to BCS title game

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by suddawg, Aug 30, 2007.

1. suddawg

suddawg New Member

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    AwShucks, I thought you meant your band was invited to play at a BCS Bowl... silly me.

3. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well I'd say Nebraska has just as good of a chance to be there as Oklahoma this year.

Go Big Red

Suds

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Oh, we will probably go to a good bowl game... problem is they would more than likely match us against Boise State... then what???? I still like Nebraska as an opponent...quality program. Just wish they'd get rid of Callahan...don't think I will ever have any respect for that man.

5. Zombie76

Zombie76 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I love that prediction!! only hope we can do that well this season. we do have a quality squad and they should do well for us, I think.

GO BIG RED!!!!

6. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am a u of texas baseball guy, but i think missouri may be the sleeper this year. i am looking for a football team to pull for. so far lsu, nebraska, and alabama are leading the pack for me to pick a new team to follow.

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I think the best team in the Big 12 after week one is Oklahoma. Can't believe Texas had such problems with Arkansas St. Missouri's offense is definately good, but where's the defense? Glad to see Colorado get a win against Col. St. They really needed it. Kan. St. played really good against Auburn, and I was so very dissappointed with Oklahoma St. A&M looked good, Kansas and Tech also rolled.

Of course Baylor got beat by TCU...watch out Longhorns...I smell upset! And poor Iowa State isn't doing the Big 12 justice by losing to Kent St.

As for my Huskers, well they beat the snot out of that pistol offense. But I'm going to hold comments, until I see them play their first road game at Wake Forest this weekend. Can't wait!

Huskers - 38
    Wake Forest - 17

GBR
    SudDawg

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    The problem with Okie State is they always seem to lead with their mouths. Every year you hear how they are going to sweep the Big 12 South, they are going to whip the north opponent badly, and win the national championship. I don't know what is in their water, but I would like some of that occasionally. It seems like just recently I heard Georgia could not keep up against the Cowboys receivers and quarterback. Tis a shame Georgia didn't hear that. LOL

9. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yeah, but they do try so hard to spoil someone's season don't they.

SudDawg

10. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Darn, just heard Callahan got a five year contract extension. Sorry, Nebraska fans, but that guy should be unemployed. It is not an issue of envy on my part, I just cannot like the throat slashing joker.

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Well I for one can live with the infamous throat slash incident. His system is complicated, but I like him as the coach a thousand more times then Frank Solich. Although I still feel the best person for the job was
    Bo Pelini (now LSU's Def. Coord.)

SudDawg

12. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    well so much for big reds national title game

13. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I never really believed that Nebraska would be in the title game. It was an interesting article...but still a video game

suddawg