Nebraska Gatherng

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by iluvnevaeh, Apr 24, 2009.

1. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I figured we'd mght as well get a thread going and set up some definitive spots on where we are going to meet up at the lake and stuff and if anyones bringin food and what not so we arent rushed. :cool2: I know that its kinda hard for Vic to get up on here all the time so at least he'll be able to check up on things when he can and see the progress thats being made. Anyone in Southeastern Nebraska wanna carpool??

2. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Good luck with that I had a few responses when I asked the same question. I'm bringing my own food and I'll find out where everyone is when I get there. I usually camp clear on the west end of the lake in a cove that is back out of the way. There are bathrooms but that's about all there is. I'm sure people would rather it be over by the showers and all that but I don't care bcause I don't wash much when I'm camping and if I want a shower I'll drive to my friend's house and take it there. Anyway I'll keep an eye on this thread and see what everyone decides. Good thread though I agree when need to decide on an area.

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I say we meet around on the backside of the lake inlike area 3,5,or 6. I think that's what they are. Any of the area's off of West Branched Oak Rd are good one's I usually go to area 3 myself but knowing there is just more than myself I think the other two area have everything we need. I just don't want to camp on the main camping area across the damn. To many damn people, and I just won't camp there. I'll stop by now and again to see how everyone is doing but I'll put my tent up somewhere else.

4. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    sounds like a good idea to me, dont wanna have to worry bout being too loud for other people or other people gettin into our stuff. I've never been out there but im sure you know where you're talkin bout

5. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I used to prefer the area near the marina but the bank area is overgrown with weeds now. I'll have to look at a map to see what 3,4,&5 are.

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    idk if ill be campin or not but either way im close enough to home where if there isnt a place i want i can just come back the next day.. the rest of you all might wanna reserve your spot tho. the sooner the better. other wise everyone maybe be campin at my house.. lol

7. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    The more I think about it since no one can decide on a spot I'll probably stay at a friend's house there in Lincoln and just come out to fish Sat nite and call that good. I like the back side of the lake because you don't have to deal with all the hoity toity's in there high dollar campers that can't put up with a redneck like me. :angry: So I guess I'll just arrange with some people and meet them there. Talk to you all later

Next year I vote we have it at Harry Strunk.

8. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Area 2 has a boat ramp and dock and has men and woman crappers. It is a non reservable site but if ya put a tent there you can save the spot. If that makes any sence !!! Thats the area I like to camp at but don't make much diff. to me I'm not much on crowds either !!! :cool2:

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm with Big Vic area 2 is fine by me. It's right around the corner from my honey hole so that's good. The is the second vote for area 2. Is there only 6 people going to this thing or what? We need to figure out how many spots we need to reserve before to long or there won't be any open spots. And YES this lake fills up like that.

10. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    im vote 3 for area 2. Not sure, i know skawez was gonna go i think but he lives right there, dont know if hes gonna camp or just stay at home.

11. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I'm going to shoot for area 2 and close to the water so can bank fish if I want to. Hope the boat is going by then tho !! :wink:

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Heck! I'm flexible on what area to meet and camp at. You guys seem to know the area better than myself. Last year was the first year I've been to Branched Oak to actually fish it. Well make that 2 times. First time was over 20 years ago and that was just a party with my band members and a few friends when I lived in Lincoln. Make the call gents. I'm game. I'll be there!!:cool2::wink:

13. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

I can't wait...I have never fished branched oak before...should be a good time...

14. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
  15. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Okay Area 2 it is as far as I'm concerned. I'll just bring my sleeping bag and sleeping pad. I'll sleep in my suburban since I'm only there to fish, and meet some new people. I'm bringing my boat so people can fish with me if they would like to. See you all there.

16. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Got a lot of crap going on But still plan on going !!! In hopes to get there early so can possibly save some spots if anyone wants to. And plan on havin the boat ready as well. Tom - - - you still goin to make it ? Just me and you in the boat now that the wife is gone !!! :big_smile::big_smile: Oh and yur little budy wont be there either ! :sad2:

17. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yeah vic, i think i might need you to save me a spot out there buddy

18. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    should be no problem But not real sure at this time Got a couple things pending The outcome will tell me for sure ! :angry:

19. Jaaron

Jaaron New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Did anyone have any luck last night. Tried hitting the Mo River last night but not much happening there last night, 1 small river cat, and a couple of drums. It was either still a little to cold, or the 25-35 mph wind wasn't helping.

Was using Chicken Liver , and Night Crawlers, but the Cat's would just lay there and suck on the liver, never would take all the way. Full moon didn't help much, least that's what my Old Man always said. Oh well, had fun and got the lines wet!!! Ready to try again.

Jim

20. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i didnt go out last night i took the kids out to a lake i heard dad fished back in the day... no power boats and lots of reeds moss on the edges great canoe lake or wading lake... musta been my day .. hammered the bluegill big ones too.. big bright green and orange ones.. got a couple bass. even a sweet lookin crappie which was a nice addition to the aquairum.