Nebraska Gathering #2

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by Big Vic, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Whats your thought on the next gathering ? River ? Lake or Res. or have two one at each place of choice ? Or just forget it till later ?

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    there's nothing wrong with a double:wink: just means more beer to drink i guess:tounge_out:

3. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    new to the state. have no idea where to fish,, went and looked around at Lewis and Clark lake. also someone told me there was a lake near Pierce.

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i plan on making it to a gathering this year ... i dont think work will be an issue since im now looking for it lol... but any ways 2 would be great~!! gotta have one on the river and a lake. some one has to learn me how to do this in bltoh places. :big_smile:

5. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    you should try around the dam in spencer always heard of some nice fish around there

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm all for a river and lake gathering. We need to set the dates sometime in the future. I understand it's still early in the year and most don't know what their schedules are yet, but let's keep posting some ideas about the gathering. I still like the idea of having a day or weekend at Branched Oak or maybe Sherman Res. " which is more centrally located." Any ideas out there?

I'm pumped for this year!:cool2: Like to see some interest of the Nebraska members..:wink:

Mark..

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I hear ya Mark maybe if we had one more central some of the people from the more western part of the state could come. There has to be some BOC members out west !! Of course everyone is welcome where ever and how many.
    Also welcome to the state George hope to meet you some time:cool2::smile2::smile2:

8. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    why not have 3 spring, summer and fall:0a36:

9. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Works for me Lets start with some ideas for places,and dates !!:smile2::smile2:

10. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    neb city... burchard?... branched oak... and theres another lake i been thinkin bout its out west brother has a cabin out there ill get the name of it and post later he kills them out there every year...

11. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
  12. colburn

colburn New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    calumus would be a great spot awesome fishing

13. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
  14. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    thanks for the info flathead hunter,

15. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Something I've always thought might be kind of cool is trying to have a quad state gathering on the river. KS, MO, NE, IA. Nebraska city or somewhere around brownville would be good locations for something like that. What kind of campgrounds and fishing area does indian cave state park have?

16. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    i think neb city would be my first choice for the simple fact you are close to civilization if you need bait or food... indian cave has some nice camping spots down there the ramp kinda sucks tho... brownville has some good fishing but not much for a camping area and its real close to the bar :0a10::tounge_out:

17. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I happen to have some relation that owns Camp Rulo ther are some camping areas there I think. And it is right on the river.:smile2:

18. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

Now I'm all for Rulo, thats only about 40 minutes from me, and you might get some of the St. Joe boys to come to that. That might be a drive for all you NE guys though (even though its still in NE).

19. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I can do some checking on the camp sites if anyone is interested. Also there is a lake called Big Lake I think Just straight east of Rulo has cabins. rooms and camping to I think And its not far from Rulo. :cool2::smile2:
    I have never camped therebut We have rented rooms a couple of times. Fishing right out the back door !!!

20. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Big lake is an oxbow lake. I dont think its very deep. I'm not sure how the fishing is there because it flooded there 2007 when the river levy broke.