Nebraska big snake?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by squirtspop, Sep 2, 2007.

1. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    My brother in law was telling me that in Nebraska there was a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake that was killed in a old stripping factory that was 9 feet 1 inches long and weighed in at 92 pounds. Supposedly this "rattler" had a head as big as a grapefruit.

He said his boy read it in the newspaper from his area. I don't know the area but I have done searches on the internet to find this story. I can't find it anywhere and I would think that a rattlesnake of this porportion would make nationwide news especially being a rattlesnake.

Do any of you Nebraska boys know of this tale? If so, can you print the story? I'd like to read about it. I'd think a rattlesnake that big would knock a person down if it was to strike him with any force at all.

2. holdemplyer

holdemplyer New Member

State:
    nebraska
    The largest rattlesnake on record is 8'1", and that was an eastern diamond back. There is no way a rattlesnake could reach the weight of 92 pounds. I believe that the record for a Western is just over 7'. And that one weighed in at around 10lbs.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    There was a recent article of a large rattlesnake killed in Poplar Bluff, Mo. It was n the news. I can not find the article. Maybe someone from this area could time in.

4. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
  5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This guy a relative, by any chance?

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
  7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yeppers that be the story I couldn't find. Thought it sounded like a big hoax. Copied and pasted and sent to brother in law. Kinda like some fishing stories you hear of now and then. Thanks bro.