Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Nebraska big snake?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  squirtspop 
#1 ·
My brother in law was telling me that in Nebraska there was a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake that was killed in a old stripping factory that was 9 feet 1 inches long and weighed in at 92 pounds. Supposedly this "rattler" had a head as big as a grapefruit.

He said his boy read it in the newspaper from his area. I don't know the area but I have done searches on the internet to find this story. I can't find it anywhere and I would think that a rattlesnake of this porportion would make nationwide news especially being a rattlesnake.

Do any of you Nebraska boys know of this tale? If so, can you print the story? I'd like to read about it. I'd think a rattlesnake that big would knock a person down if it was to strike him with any force at all.

#2 ·
The largest rattlesnake on record is 8'1", and that was an eastern diamond back. There is no way a rattlesnake could reach the weight of 92 pounds. I believe that the record for a Western is just over 7'. And that one weighed in at around 10lbs.

#5 ·
This guy a relative, by any chance?

#7 ·
Yeppers that be the story I couldn't find. Thought it sounded like a big hoax. Copied and pasted and sent to brother in law. Kinda like some fishing stories you hear of now and then. Thanks bro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.