neat trick with stiff line!

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 24, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well i got some pro cat 40 lb mono and this stuff is stiffer than cable....

when i put a hook and barrell swivel in it its like a spring... still!!!!!

after a stiff jug it straightens out like a pencil

when i cast it out it looks like a throwing knife ( 1/2 rotation and it hits the water....)

i dunno if the stretch took alot of strength out of the line but i will measure it soon to try it

**** ill try different knots too *****

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you talking about premier ......? is it green?

3. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    my friend who i fish with tried it a couple years ago and it was junk the first time he got snagged it didnt want to break the second third ect.... it broke easier and easier each time. that line got tossed quick.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    thats aall i use and i love it...

5. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    What do you mean by a stiff jug? Did you mean stiff tug? Just curious.
    Linz

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    yes

and yes to whoever asked it is pro cat premium mono

( made by american spirit )

7. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    you use pro cat for leaders

8. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Leroy I have tried many brands of line in the past 30 plus years. But none stand up to Trilene,I use Trilene XL and I've never had any trouble with it. Ever time I try a different brand it don't stay on my reels long before I trash it and reload my spools with Trilene. I have somed it up to this - stick with a brand that has shown a good track record and let other ppl be the testers for the tackle Co's. I will never again try another brand of line as long as they make Trilene.

I tried that Cajun Red once and it is the biggest joke going when it comes to line. After using it a few times it coils so bad you could use it for coil springs on your pick up truck.

9. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I almost bought the Cajun Line I have a friend of mine who loves it. But I saw how it looked coming of his rod and while he was talking to another fisher man I decided to "inspect" it. Then when he caught a snag that made up mine(saw it coiling as he was trying to let line out) it was way too much memory for me. I' m not sure he knows it or not though. Possibly he could of spooled it up wrong I can't say for sure not having trying it myself.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    yes 40 on the reel 25 on the leaders and have only lost 1 fish to the line breaking..

11. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that is 100% true

i like the line but it is probably prefered for using around rocky-snaggy areas cause you have to change it after 3-5 sessions but until then it is a great line :tounge_out:

12. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have all but hung up the mono,I started using your braid this year and It just seems so much stronger and smoother.....I tend to get less feedback out of my baitcasters too.the memorey level is low.......I think I like it all around better so far,even if it does cost more I think it will be worth it

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    when i use mono big game is the line i use.in the heaverier line test it seems to have a fair amount of memory but im using 2 ounce up to 10 or 12 ounce sinkers so memory is no problem.any time im using cat bobbers ive got on power pro braid.no memory and it floats so it lets my cat bobber stay where i put it.mono sinks and pulls the bobber back toward you.