Neat Info on local gas prices

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by squirtspop, Apr 17, 2006.

1. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas

This is pretty nifty.

Just enter your zip code in the site below, and it tells you which gas stations have the cheapest prices (and the highest) on gas in your zip code area. It's updated every evening. Just click on the link. You will see a map of your area and then scroll down and you will get a listing of gas prices in your area with addresses and brands starting with the cheapest and
    going up.

<
    http://autos.msn.com/everyday/gasstations.aspx?zip=&src=Netx >

2. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the link Chuck.Right now I'm shopping towns more than I am stations.Most stations in my area right now are within a couple cents of each other but a town 15-20 miles in either direction might be 10-15 cents cheaper and it changes day to day.At least this is cheaper than riding around looking at prices.lol!! My Grandson's bicycle is starting to look good out here.It's going to be a bad Summer I'm afraid.

3. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Yeah, a bike is sounding better all the time. What size bike would I need to pull a 18 foot glass bass boat? Don't think a 10 or 12 speed is gonna get the job done. Gonna get where a guy can't even afford to mow his yard.

4. Crispy Critter

Crispy Critter New Member

State:
    Missouri
    LOL!! That aint no kidding.A guy might work out a deal with the farmers on a cow to keep it trimmed,If we don't get some rain they may have to start feeding hay about June.They can get their cow fed and you could get your yard trimmed,everybody comes out that way. ;)

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That site is real outdated for Gas stations in my area. Still has prices at $2.49 a couple places.

The best one that I know of around here is www.columbusgasprices.com , you may be able to punch in www.(yourtown)gasprices.com and it work too. Have not tried it. But I use this site everyday in my travels.

6. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    That is the whole thing in a nutshell its called greed plain and simple cali has been using ehtanol for a while now and there is no reason for it to be so dang high.

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Here in NC our gas tax is .30 cents per gallon. I paid $ 2.84 for gas today. Thats over 10% tax. OUCH. Our sales tax is 7.5%. SC gas tax is .16 and Virginia is .17 . I'M very pi--ed.